Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hamish
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-02-2008, 07:29 PM

Had Pixie @ the vet

I had to take Pixie to the vet, she has had fatty lumps all over her body and many have ben removed in the past, but on very large one was found next to her mammery glands. the vet is happy with them staying there as they are not attached to the glands. She has also been getting sick alot lately, she is bringing up lots semi digested food hours later after being fed. There is no change in diet and no changes in the house. She is getting on a bit at - 10 years now but she is really fit and had no health propblems. She is also off her agility the now shes becoming less motivated and more tired only in the past few weeks. Its a bit bizarr I am hoping its a wee bug but no other of the usual signs at all. So I am scratchin my head at the mo.

Any thoughts.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Having worked in vets for years, keep an eye on her. Has he given anything for her/sickness/lethargic. If it was me I'd ask for blood tests too. Sorry don't know what breed she is, but if she is fine and decides she wants to slow down, thwn let her. I had my old dog 23 yrs from 2 days old, she slowed down and everyone would walked off ahead......me and her, we did it at her pace. Best wishes sending good vibes. ps if she looks no better by tomorrow evening I'd go back, not always advisable to leave elderly dogs to long. I'm sure she wil be fine, as for fatty lumps, Meg had hers for several years and they were no problem to her. xxx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Apoor we pixie , sending her hugs and get well vibes xxdk
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Sending love and (((hugs))) to Pixie
hamish
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Cheers for that , the vet did say that he will run bloods if it continues, she is a heinz 57, some staffie, lurcher, labish type and has always been indestructable when it comes to things like this. The vet has suggested splitting her food into two portions. She is eating and drinking fine and the my other two dogs are fine too although they are younger. Just looks like old age creeping up on her is suppose but we will keep and eye on her.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by hamish View Post
Cheers for that , the vet did say that he will run bloods if it continues, she is a heinz 57, some staffie, lurcher, labish type and has always been indestructable when it comes to things like this. The vet has suggested splitting her food into two portions. She is eating and drinking fine and the my other two dogs are fine too although they are younger. Just looks like old age creeping up on her is suppose but we will keep and eye on her.
Good vibes coming your way........hope all is well.xx