Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2008, 07:35 PM

Virgin Media

We're getting a free upgrade to 10 meg broadband soon just got an e-mail from them, and I won't need a new modem.

They say it can download an MP3 track in 4 seconds,
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2008, 12:07 AM
That’s great as long as the modem that you’re downloading from can match your speed no good having a fast connection if you’re downloading from 56 k connection.

Virgin have been pluging how fast their connection is of late i wonder if thats got anything to do with the amount of users leaving them because of the speed issues some of their customers have.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Don't believe everything they tell you, we are on the VM 20MB connection, this is what speed we are getting:

Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
Don't believe everything they tell you, we are on the VM 20MB connection, this is what speed we are getting:

Is that speed normal for you?

Mine this morning. It usually varies from between 14 and 18 which I suppose is good compared with a lot of customers.

crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Yep this is normal for us, have called them and they say everything is set up correctly
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
We're getting a free upgrade to 10 meg broadband soon just got an e-mail from them, and I won't need a new modem.

They say it can download an MP3 track in 4 seconds,
when they say 10 they mean up to 10 we have had loads of problems since they took over
ATD xxx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2008, 06:09 PM

It all depends on the type of cables you have, are they fibre optic ? we have got really good fibre optics ones, in fact, I'm getting faster speeds than I pay for at the moment.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
when they say 10 they mean up to 10 we have had loads of problems since they took over
ATD xxx
10 meg is the theoretical speed, at peak times when the servers are busy you will never get that.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Yep fibre optic, we also have the TV HD...that again was a bit of a con, tells you you can get the HD, and there are only a couple of channels that have it......just wish we could change to Sky but unfortunately living next to woodland we can't pick up a signal due to the trees, they have tried, had extension poles on the chimney etc. but still no reception.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Yep fibre optic, we also have the TV HD...that again was a bit of a con, tells you you can get the HD, and there are only a couple of channels that have it......just wish we could change to Sky but unfortunately living next to woodland we can't pick up a signal due to the trees, they have tried, had extension poles on the chimney etc. but still no reception.
Give Virgin a bit more time Sharon, they mucked up when they took over last year, they gave priority to business users on the internet, letting them use the fastest cables, but so many customers have left them they're having a re-think, it'll probably be 2 or 3 months before I get my upgrade.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >