Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2005, 01:32 PM

Reeno Driving me nuts (Cavalier)

Someone PLEASE help me. Im going nuts here. I have 3 male cavs, 1 ex stud dog, 1 stud dog and 1 who wouldnt have a clue. In the other part of the house there are 6 bitches my lads mix with them when I am there. My boys dont even bother get upset ect when theres one in season. Reeno knows 2mth before a bitch is in so we are carefull for the dogs to keep away. They only go near the other dogs when going for pees or following us into the kitchen so theres never a problem.

We have a LabXwhippit who was in season 2weeks ago for about 7days, Reeno was fine we kept him well away from her as they love each other. Well he started to sniff where she had been sat the other day and pull to get to her. I checked her out and shes in season again, looks ready for mating (no we are not mating her shes getting done asap due to phantoms) Well this morning as the bitch went past the bedroom door Reeno started to whooooowl he got in the window and cried looking into the back yard. Since 8am hes NOT shut up. Hes crying, whowwwling, scratching at the door, sniffing the floor, trying to get through the baby gates, looking very happy with himself. Hes stressing his son out who doesnt have a clue what a bitch in season is.

Please someone help me out, is there anyway to calm him down. Hes never been like this before. I have some Dorwest Valerian Compound that im about to give him to see if that will help.

Sarah (One very stressed out Cav owner)
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Perhaps he's in luuuuuvre!

Sorry, couldn't resist, I'm sure it's not funny really.
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Oh gee thanks i had already worked that out. From the day I moved the dogs in here (18mth ago) he and the bitch have loved each other. I have banned Reeno from the garden totaly, so now when the lads go pee he gets held back and goes out the front door for pees. Hes still crying ect but with more calmer hes slowly quieting down.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2005, 11:33 PM
aww poor reeno what a nightmare...........sorry no suggestions sorry

hope it settles down ......
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

27-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Would it be possible to board Reeno out whilst the bitch is in season.

It really is no fun for him to be that close and unable to do the dirty deed. Not only that sometimes the males can turn on each other in frustration, and you certainly would not like to instigate that with his son as the agressive could continue after the bitch has come out of season.

Stan
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-03-2005, 10:04 AM
I would agree with boarding him out. If he is driving you nuts just imagine what the scent of his beloved on heat is doing to him
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Thats an idea re boarding him out. The boy have been down this morning when the other dogs and bitch in season wherent there. Hes had a good sniff and was happy to come away when called. Hes now fast asleep again. I took him for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng walk about 5pm last night to tire him out and it worked. I will see how he is today as im in all day so can keep eye on the boys just incase, I did lock Disson (son) away in the play pen when Reeno was really kicking of yesterday as his son will fight if he doesnt like whats going on, (son has a few screws loose LOL)