Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:24 PM

Ben's lump

Ben hasn't been himself for a while now, I can't explain it but he doesn't seem ok. He doesn't want to go out much and sleeps quite a bit (he's only 7).
He has a lump on his head, when I took him to the vets she said it was a wart and if it wasn't bothering him to leave it as sometimes even after treatment they just grow back.
Well, it has now got bigger but still doesn't seem to be bothering him but I think I will take him back anyway.
I didn't even know dogs could get warts!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Take him back and get it checked again. I'm sure its nothing but it will allay your fears. Maybe he's got an infection brewing somewhere or is he objecting to the cold?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:37 PM
My OH's old BC had a big wart on the top of his head, it never bothered him and he lived til he was 15.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi Pam old dogs in particular get lots of 'old dog warts'. Some of them remind me of blackberries, black and knobbly. Others are pink and hard. Amy had lots and lived until 16 years old.

Is Ben eating and drinking OK, not peeing more? If you are concerned or there is any change in behaviour it is always best to get things checked out with the vet sooner rather than later, most problems are easily treated with medication.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:51 PM
If he hasn't been himself for a while I would see your vet again & see what they say.xx
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 10:07 PM
My cousin's cocker spaniel had one of these on his head...it was sort of cauliflower like in appearance and it was a wart and never gave him any trouble.