Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-02-2008, 04:50 PM

Credit cards

Saw a prog on TV today, a credit card company is withdrawing their cards from some customers who pay their balance in full every month,

They say these card holders are a high risk, how the hell do they come to that conclusion,

Methinks it's cos they don't make money from these folks in interest, whereas folks who only pay the minimum every month do make money for them.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 04:55 PM
They were talking this morning about a certain credit card company who were stopping/cancelling some of their customers cards if they had a poor credit rating, even if they'd never been late with a payment. Makes you wonder why they gave them the card in the first place
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 05:18 PM
It's EGG who are doing this, because they make no money from people who pay their entire balance off every month.

It's outrageous........ surely this will look like a black mark against people with an exemplary credit record?

Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I think it's the tip off the ice berg.

Apparently, global personal credit is at breaking point. I reckon we'll see credit change a lot in the near future.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I heard this on the news this morning, but I wrongly assumed they would be taking the cards off the people who were a credit risk and didn't pay regularly Silly me, of course it's people like us they don't want who pay the amount off in full - I should have known!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-02-2008, 06:31 PM
I've just had a row with our CC company, after 3 years here they suddenlt decided they didn't want to deal with people who spend a large part of their time outside the UK, cheeky bu**gers - it coincided with them being taken over by an American bank, what a surprise

Anyway, after badgering them with e-mails and phone calls they have now decided I am OK to have a card, I will continue to pay off the balance each month (As I have done for decades)

I hope to God they don't try that trick with me
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I have a pre paid credit card and just pay a monthly fee. I got it so I can pay for the DNA tests over the net as most of the DNA companies are american and wont accept debit cards!
Becky
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Apparently, global personal credit is at breaking point. I reckon we'll see credit change a lot in the near future.
You are right and it's all down to the lenders in America who were fighting to lend to what has now become known as the NOJAPS

NO Job, Assets, or ProspectS

That would be fine if it was only in the USA but the UK banks decided to get involved as well. Crazy isn't it, when you see what some of these bank idiots earn it makes me mad.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 06:46 PM
I read this in the Mail, that Egg are taking away card from people that are out of control with their debt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1770&ito=1595
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 06:48 PM
i keep getting offered credit cards but wont have one, save up for what we want, if we havnt got enough money we go without.
sorry always been like that probally always will.
but i must admit it is wrong for them to penialise those who do pay they balance off promptly.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >