Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 06:22 PM

a 'lovely' xmas present - I am disgusted

I thought this should be made public. I am therefore posting it on all forums I am on, in order to let people know of the dangers of the internet, and also how vile some people can be. Also, this is a bid for more information if anybody has any.

Late December, I came home from visiting family, and walked in to find a few bits of mail. My parents and brother were with me, and everyone commented on how much the house smelled of animal poo, and how bad it smelled. I was rather worried and upset, as I knew the rats had all been cleaned out about 2 days before we went to visit family, and we'd only been gone 2 nights.

I settled down and opened my mail - and one item was a parcel, a present, giftwrapped - no note, no full return address, no postmark. Inside the giftwrap was a wooden spoon and a bag of rat poo. It smelled utterly foul (Whoever sent this can't possibly be looking after their animals - disgusting creature >). Obviously, as we worked out pretty quickly, it means **** stirrer - and I was utterly livid, very upset and all for giving up rats completely. I know a few people wondered why I'd not been online, I just couldn't face coming on after something like that.

Anyway - on the back of the parcel was a postcode, which, obviously I looked up - that was for Oxford police station. ??? so no clues there... unless the person who sent it either works for Oxford police (which I doubt) or wanted us to return to sender without checking it out.

Then it occured to us that we'd only recently moved. Our addres is not 'uot there' it's not common knowledge, and we are not listed anywhere at all - so it's not easy to find. The only people who could possibly know are close friends, or people who have had rats off me, or secret santas.

I rather foolishly joined secret santa on a couple of forums. BIG mistake I feel - as I can be pretty sure that it's got something to do with this. Certainly, I don't feel that it's the one secret santa - because the people involved in its running are not people I know at all, or who know me. I have my own reasons for thinking that there's no way it could be this secret santa. The other secret santa is more likely - it's interesting that I recieved no gift from this one... and also that I had recently had a run in with a couple of people involved.

Basically - more than anything else what I'm trying to say here is that such things are dangerous - and if anyone has any sense, they will avoid internet secret santas as they are NOT safe- you just DO NOT know who you're giving your address to - and I really thought I would have had more sense - obviously not! ;D

Back to the issue at hand. Obviously I do not know who this is - I have my suspicions though. And yes, I may have rubbed a handful of people up the wrong way - we all have disagreements - I would have thought everyone was adult enough not to do soemthing this pathetic, and childish, and utterly disgusting. More to the point, I don't know what wretch sent this to me, so I have no idea whether their poor smelly rats are carrying anything. This bothers me a lot. Fortunately I've not seen anything in my rats - but I'm angry enough as it is - if anything had happened to my animals as a result of this, there'd have been absolute hell to pay.

Long story short, I am utterly repulsed - and would love to know who is behind this - if you've any information at all, please let me know, it is in your best interests to, as the police are involved, and investigating into a number of matters. I was very very surprised that they would do anythign at all - but the sergeant I spoke to is a lovely chap, who is very shocked by all of this, and sees the potential health risk this poses to my animals, myself, and also anyone else who had handled the package - such as postal workers. Of course, this is a very serious legal matter - and it is being dealt with accordingly.

thank you for reading.

xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Oooh Zoundz, poor you what adispicable thing to happen to you.
I'm glad you have involved the police and I hope they get to the bottom of it very soon.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 06:44 PM
What a horrible thing to have happened, the mentality of some people beggers belief it really does I hope you get it sorted out soon ((hugs))
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 06:47 PM
What a disgusting repulsive vile person to do that, also very sad and needs our pity as well as they are clearly very unstable.
Becky
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I have no idea zounds, but i hope you get to the bottom of it all.
Is this the 1st parcel, you have recieved? Just wondering what could be changed, to prevent it from happening again.
Is there any way you can work out who is involved?
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 06:58 PM
i have my thoughts and idea... so we'll see what comes of those, as i said, the police have been informed.

it's not happened before and i really hope it doesn't happen again

thank you all for your kind words.

xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2008, 07:00 PM
It is not some one who you have told can't have 1 of your latest babies?
Just thinking they may be upset or angry and spur of the moment thing?
How old are the babies now?
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 07:03 PM
a very good thought Leo - thanks for bringing it up! We've onlyh ad really good peopel apply, which is lovely, and we've not turned anyone down at all! So I don't think it's likely - but a good thought nonetheless -i will have a look through all my old applications and see if anyone may be likely...

xx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 07:08 PM
oh hun im so sorry to hear this! some people are despicable!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 07:12 PM
What a horrid, horrid thing and what a disgusting sick person.
So sorry to hear of your problems. Hope the police can sort it out for you.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »