Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 10:13 PM

Researching dog history...

Just a random question really... is it possible to research your dog's family tree, so to speak? I know that jamie and my last dog Tess are cousins, her father is his gt gt gt grandfather... but I would like to know more about her siblings... boring f**t I am Is it possible? I have her pedigree but she was not kc reg....
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 10:24 PM
If there are any of her relatives that are KC registered, you could research that way. Does your breed have it's own breed forum ? If so you could ask there. If you know the breeder, also ask them, or other breeders in the breed.

I did this with both of mine and got lots of info.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Have you tried googling any of the names on the pedigree ? You never know, there might be some siblings mentioned somewhere on owners sites possibly ?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 10:26 PM
I googled her dad and got zilch... I will have to get her paper out and search through it me thinks, plus ask Jamie's breeder.... I know her dad was a good stud...
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Have you tried googling any of the names on the pedigree ? You never know, there might be some siblings mentioned somewhere on owners sites possibly ?
Thats what I did with Star, googled some of the names on his pedigree. I managed to trace his family history way back.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-01-2008, 10:30 PM
I did this in the Springer Spaniel forum.

Fingal's pedigree goes to Gt Gt Gt Grandparents however if you go on the web (I found a springer site) you can put in the Gt Gt Gt Grandparents name and it gives you their pedigree. Choose their Gt Gt Gt Grandparents and repeat.

I went back into the 1800's

The result - a lot of our Springers were all (inevitably) related.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks guys!! I will do that tomorrow
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Even though Flynn is a crossbreed, both parents were KC reg and I was given his pedigree history.

I was eager to find out more about these dogs so just Googled their kennel names and struck lucky with quite a few, even down to pictures.

I cant find out anything about his Dad though which is a let down. Actually, cant find out much about the Slovakian side generally.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 08:12 AM
No advice I'm afraid, but it sounds like fun, the sort of thing I'd get my teath into
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 03:05 PM
I am able to trace mine back to the founders of the breed, it helped that all where registered either here in the UK or Europe.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >