Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 10:26 AM

Being playfull or what!

I've had Petto over 3 months now. Ozzie seems to have accepted him and they are always playfighting - nothing serious. Petto being smaller than Ozzie goes for Ozzies front legs and Ozzie goes for Petto's back

I've decided that gone are the days when I can have a well groomed dog or dogs They both now have a left ear shorter than the right Ozzie has patches missing on his front legs and Petto has chunks of hair missing on his back God they're as bad as each other!

Here's Petto as you can see chunks missing on his back!

Will it ever stop!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 10:28 AM
How old are they both? Have to say I've never had dogs who have removed large chunks of coat from each other, other than when Percy 'fancies' Liberty and tries to pull her down using her tail but that's been it.
Have you tried putting something really horrible on their coats so they stop or maybe just cut them a bit shorter!
Becky
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Ozzie seems to get sexually excited with Petto a lot of the time - hmmm despite the fact that they're both males! At 1st I thought it was just Ozzie picking on Petto - but now I have realised that Petto does it to Ozzie to!

Dont get me wrong, I'm with them all day and every day and it's not in a nasty way! but hair loss is what it seems to result in! They're both 3 years old.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Are they both neutered?
Becky
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Are they both neutered?
Becky
Yes Ozzie was deplummed 1 1/2 years ago and Petto was done the day I picked him up to foster! Do you think this may have something to do with it then?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
they are always playfighting - nothing serious. Petto being smaller than Ozzie goes for Ozzies front legs and Ozzie goes for Petto's back .................
Will it ever stop!
I think it's great when two dogs play together. I assume there's no nasty growling prior to the encounters and the 'bowing' on front is done by both.

When will it stop Can't answer that one, my gut feeling is only when they are much older

Hair should grow back........eventualy, as long as there's no blood it seems OK to me but I freely admit I'm certainly no expert.

Are you beginning to see the difference in characters between them now
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 07:14 PM
At least they are having fun, despite worrying Mum !
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Sorry cann't help, I've always owned more than one dog as a time, but have never had that problem??? mine play and tumble about but never leave marks.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Yes Ozzie was deplummed 1 1/2 years ago and Petto was done the day I picked him up to foster! Do you think this may have something to do with it then?
If they were entire then it could have been sexually motivated so to speak but I think it's just down to rough playing! They may well calm down in time though!
Becky
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Awwwww bless they enjoy playing lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >