Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 07:46 AM

Annoying Spyware Add?

Hi, for the last couple of mornings I've had a box come up on my laptop, it's from Microsoft Internet Explorer saying

If my computer is running slower than normal it may be infected with viruses, adware or spyware, and all the links to MalwareAlarm.

my problem is it wont go away, what ever I click on, it directs me straight to malware, and yesterday it had downloaded it programe to my laptop before I knew what had happened, I deleted the programme but it left me with just a blue screen and my desktop link icons, I had to reboot before it was back to normal.

Is this a problem, I run spyware everymorning, I believe I have firewall (I'd have to double check with Christoper first for that) and my spyware is Webroot.

Thanks guys

Christine
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Nigel had this on his pc recently, I tried everything to get rid, but each time I clicked to close box another reappeared. This was a spyware ad if my memory serves me right. Unfortunately I had to take the pc for repair to eventually remove it.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 05:19 PM
download SPybot S & D and run it. Ad-Aware will also stop any malware/spyware etc from latching on.

Clear all your cookies and form date and history, download the above, then run them both, although Spybot should find almost everything.

Deleting programmes doesn't delete the registry entries they often leave behind.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 07:03 AM
I have run spybot ad adaware and it removed loads of things but this still constantly appears for me, and has been constantly this morning .
I think dogsey must be infected as I have had quite a few problems on here the past week, My mcafee keeps giving me warning messages on here.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Thanks guys, will give it ago
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Quite a few of these things hide in your system restore folders. These are in a hidden folder on c: & not accessible unless you know how. Not many anti virus or malware progs scan system restore folders (properly because it's hidden) and this is how some just regenerate even though you thought you had got rid of it.

You could try switching off your system restore monitoring this will delete all saved system restore information once these files are deleted then do a scan with all your spyware anti virus then restart you pc then enable the system restore so then you got a new clean system.

Hopefully free of the pop ups your getting
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm very surprised it got in Christine, Webroot's Spysweeper is the best on the market, when an unwanted program tries to install on your PC Webroot's program stops it unless you give it permission to do so.

As you've deleted the unwanted prog, try a system restore, it may obliterate the prog alltogether.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Thanks guys, (wispers) don't tell anyone, but I haven't had a problem for a couple of days, she say's touching wood