Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 03:59 PM

All Hail The Halti

Today was the 1st day I have been able to walk my two dogs without being dragged from pillow to post. I tried Suki with a Halti ages ago and she didnt really like it, she was pulling more with it on trying to get it off than without it. She still pulls a little but no where near as much. Michael was great, so the moral of the story is if at 1st you dont succed try again
ATD xxx
maddmaggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2007, 04:23 PM
i totally agree with you about haltis our old dog jasper used to pull terriable, the vet suggested trying him with one and it worked, they do stop the pulling
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 06:04 PM
they are a god send, they do a little attachment that also clips on to the collar should they manage to slip the halti too, only about £3 makes it a bit safer

Mel
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I use a dogmatic on my big girl as the halti used to push up into her eyes, she can still pull like a train on a headcollar but it does help a lot.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 09:46 PM
I have a Halti and have abandoned it for a Gentle Leader. The Halti simply rode up into the eyes causing great discomfort and chaffing away at the fur causing bald patches!

The Gentle Leader is far better as it doesnt move about on the muzzle but doesnt feel as safe as the Halti if they happen to slip it.

I ordered Dogmatics direct several months ago and despite having an email saying they would be shipped in 2 weeks, I never recieved them and never got charged as they forgot about my order. I took my business elsewhere!
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 02:40 PM
I am a bit fan of the halti. It helps me to control two large dogs and get them to walk without pulling my arms off lol. Murphy is far worse than Vienna with walking decently but i still use the halti on Vienna when she starts to pull as she knows she cant misbehave while she is on it lol. Its a god send!