Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 05:31 PM

So Annoyed

As a whole at work, we all get on great and there are hardly ever any problems between people. However today, the girl who I alternate shifts with has really annoyed me.

On more than one occasion lately, she has asked me to change shifts with her because she has to be somewhere, which I've done (the early shift finishing at 4pm, the late shift finishing at 6:30 - 7pm if we're lucky and have no emergencies or overrunning surgery).

Anyway, next wednesday I am supposed to be going out with the girls for a meal who I've not seen in months. It's been planned for ages and I'm really looking forward to it. Checked my shifts, and I am on a late shift on wednesday finishing at 6:30pm. It takes me 30 minutes to get home, and 20 minutes to get to the restaurant by 8pm, leaving me 40 minutes to have a shower, do my hair and makeup, get changed and go out - and that's if I finish on time.

So today I asked her if she would mind changing shifts with me next wednesday so that I can finish at 2:30pm (half day). She made such a fuss about deciding, and said "well I've not got anything to do but the thing is I'd rather finish early than start late because I can get more things done." In the end after about 5 minutes of umming and arring, I turned around and said that if it was that much of a problem then not to bother.

Chances are that I'm now not going to be able to go out with them next week and we're all either at uni or working in different places so we won't get another chance for ages!

I'll remember that next time she wants to swap with me!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 05:34 PM
What a meanie she is.

But don't let her spoil your fun, surely you can go even if you are a wee bit late?
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 05:34 PM
How annoying, mark that one down, she will be sorry when she wants to swap. Hope you still make it to your night out though.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
What a meanie she is.

But don't let her spoil your fun, surely you can go even if you are a wee bit late?
problem is the table is booked for 8pm, and the restaurant need it back by 9:30pm
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
problem is the table is booked for 8pm, and the restaurant need it back by 9:30pm
Crickey, I don't think I would have booked there I really hate places that kick you out like that.(mind you I suppose it is Christmas so everywhere will be doing the same).

Anyway, fingers crossed there are no emergencies and you get away on time .
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Crickey, I don't think I would have booked there I really hate places that kick you out like that.(mind you I suppose it is Christmas so everywhere will be doing the same).

Anyway, fingers crossed there are no emergencies and you get away on time .
yeah we tried a few places that we like for that night (the only night we can all go) and that was the only place with a table later than 6pm.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Never, ever do a swap with her again, that's my take on this! What a horrible woman!!! Maybe try again with her? It seems silly to cut your nose to spite your face if you really could manage to persuade her??? Still stick to what I said first though and never let her swap with you again even if she does this time!!! What a darn shame if you miss that night out with your mates.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Frankly I think she has a cheek and I wouldn't do anything for her ever again. Can't your knee be a bit painful about 4pm or so What a miserable cow she is
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Frankly I think she has a cheek and I wouldn't do anything for her ever again. Can't your knee be a bit painful about 4pm or so What a miserable cow she is
I would quite gladly have a painful knee but at that time it's only me and another girl working and I don't want to leave her in the s**t as she's lovely.

don't worry helena and jackie - I'm never swapping with her again after this! I'll be conveniently busy.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Ooh what a c**! DONT SWAP SHIFTS WITH HER AGAIN...EVER!!! Talk about spoilsport... aw hun I hope you can get ur night out with the girls...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >