Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:01 AM

Sooooooo fed up and upset this morning

Well, the parrot's off now!!! Somehow, don't ask me how, Dave managed to find out about my intended purchase of Cameron the Cockatoo. I was going to wait until I'd actually seen the bird tomorrow and asked all of my questions, but maybe it's a good job he did and had time to talk about it last night before I went tomorrow.

I've just had to send this e-mail to the lovely lady who owns him, and I think it's self-explanatory, much to my dismay

I think I'm missing Cassie in a very big way at the moment, I miss the love she gave me which I just don't get from Georgie, not his fault, he had a c**p life, and doesn't know how to give it because he never ever had to, he was always ignored, poor boy. I desperately need something to love at the moment just like I loved her, and because Dave said I probably need to have an affair, he piped up with "I suppose you'd better have another dog then"!!!!!!! Now that shocked me coz he said Georgie would be our last, forever! I know I love Dave, but he doesn't give it back like an animal does, he's too tight with his love and affection, keeps it all inside for some reason!

Anyway, here's my reasons as stated in her e-mail which I hope she accepts.

Hi Sarah,

I've got some bad news I'm afraid for both you and me and probably Cameron. Had a long chat with my other half last night about my intended visit for a new addition to our family, and he put his "sensible" hat on, which is never a good sign.

I've now been thinking long and hard and maybe he's right, now is perhaps not the time to take on another animal. The trouble is, I now have my 83 year old mother living here with us from Mallorca, and at that age, things could possibly take a turn for the worse and she would need more care from me than she does at the moment. As I mentioned too, I already have one dog, and he takes up a lot of my time too with a serious skin complaint, which I have to keep under control. All in all, he asked me, do I really want to take on another committment? Would I really have the time to commit to a parrot? Perhaps not, and in turn that just wouldn't be fair on Cameron, and he might end up in the situation that he's in now with yourselves, not being able to give him the time and attention he deserves. If I took him on and found this out at a later date, it just wouldn't be fair on him would it, so I think it's best that I just bow out now before setting eyes on him when I just know I would fall in love with him for sure.

Thank you for your time and hopefully, your patience with me, and I hope that Cameron finds the forever home he's looking for with someone who will have the time to give him the attention he needs. I HAVE the time at the moment, but like my husband says, looking further into the future, perhaps not, and it's just not fair to take him on with that in prospect.

I do hope you understand my plight. I'm quite upset this morning about all this actually, but maybe one day I'll be in the position where I can be 100% certain of my future committments.

It was very nice talking to you by the way, and good luck with whatever and whoever you decide to choose.

Gutted! NOt ready for another dog yet, but at least I know I might be able to have another one in the future. Wish I could have my darling Cassie back
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Big Hugs for you. I didn't realise George wasn't affectionate. I did a poodle pup yesterday and that was the reason she got a poodle because she has an autistic son who doesn't do cuddles and spends most of his time alone and a little pug who also doesn't do cuddles, now she has a little poodle pup and poodles show love in abundance and she says she is so much happier now, even her husband said how much happier she was.
So I'm pretty certain in time you will have that wonderful loving companion you need.
Thinking of you.
Becky
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:15 AM
H, sorry you are feeling down. It must be so hard losing a part of yourself like you did with Cassie.I think you have made the right decision regarding Cameron. If you were 100% you would not have let OH peruade you otherwise. You never know what little doglet might enter your life in the future but in the meantime Fudge is sending an unlimited supply of her most special cuddles.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Really sorry to hear that your feeling so down Helena! But as you said in your post it was probably for the best that you and oh sat down last night and talked it all through! I'm sure Cameron will find his lovely forever home - he's a beautiful parrot!

I dont think we ever get over losing our beloved pets, but as time goes on you will find it easier to cope with the loss of your Cassie, who we all know you loved very, very much!

I think you will know when the time is right for having another dog to love in your life! Until then sending you a big hug - you sound so down
running cloud
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Keep your chin up girl!!!!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Aw Helena I know exactly how your feeling I often wish I had my Suki back, think of the good things of Cassie try not to get down, heres a cyber cuddle (( )) x
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh Aitch

At least you know now that you will be allowed another dog when the time is right! I wish I could say/do something to bring Cassie back, but at least you had those wonderful years together, it is true, sometimes you find that ONE special dog, and Cassie truly was that.

Thinking of you, and Icon is always available for cuddles! xxxxxx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:46 AM
im sorry your feeling down,

((((hugs)))) to you, and i hope you are feeling better soon

suze x
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Iam really sorry your feeling this way H i dont know what to say to you at the moment but im always here for a chat if you need me and im sending you a big hug,
and thanks for the christmas card it arrived this morning the first this year love to you and a hug coming your way xx tonixx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh H, I'm so sorry, big (((HUGS))), it would have been a big commitment, when I lost my old boy, I desperatly needed something to hug, and very nearly bought a rabbit, not because I wanted a rabbit, just a replacement for Tommy, and now I'm so glad I didn't, as I hadn't grieved properly for him, so maybe, even though it may not feel like it right now, it maybe for the best. I wish I could say something that would make you feel better, but what, I don't know, just know I'm here for you and thinking of you
Christine
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >