Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 04:30 AM

Restless Legs?

Haven't had a wink of sleep!
been having restless legs tonight and a headache and been unable to sleep on top of that there has been an alarm of some sort going off somewhere and my bed has been invaded by a five year old
Does anyone else suffer with Restless legs if so any tips of how to get rid of it? I only seem to get it whilst pregnant.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 07:15 AM
I was going to suggest Herbal Calmers but as you're pregnant then no can do!
It's not something I've ever had but would a lavender pillow help you relax?
Becky
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 07:22 AM
I get it all the time, its a lack of salt in the blood apparently - if you get it again hun try eating a bag of crisps....I also tend to run up and down the living room like a loony....
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 10:11 AM
thanks for the advice I would have tried anything! managed to get 3 hours sleep in the end!
i don't have much salt come to think of it.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Have a banana a day as well because you unbalance the nervous system or something like that and you need sodium and potassium for it to function properly so banana's are high in potassium!
Becky
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Oh you poor thing,Know how you feel,
It drives me crazy some nights and is so annoying,i get it more when my M.E is bad or i'm unwell,
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Have a banana a day as well because you unbalance the nervous system or something like that and you need sodium and potassium for it to function properly so banana's are high in potassium!
Becky
Thanks Becky I will definatley try that can't do any harm can it!! I like Banana's

Originally Posted by tink View Post
Oh you poor thing,Know how you feel,
It drives me crazy some nights and is so annoying,i get it more when my M.E is bad or i'm unwell,
oh poor you at least for me it will only be when I am pregnant(hopefully) I do feel for you as its so awful and so hard to describe even!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 09:41 PM
I get it all the time, I have problems with my kidneys, my mum bless her used to be up all night walking up and down trying to get rid of it, bless her I also tend to find mind over matter can work - literally tell yourself your legs are fine......
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I get it all the time, I have problems with my kidneys, my mum bless her used to be up all night walking up and down trying to get rid of it, bless her I also tend to find mind over matter can work - literally tell yourself your legs are fine......
its horrible isn't it I have tried meditation but its too hard when all I can think about is my legs! I think last night was a combination of that and the alarm and the youngest hi-jacking my side of the bed
well I have my banana's an am only driking decaff from now till bed time but I'm so tired from only getting 3 hrs last nite hopefully it won't trouble me tonight.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't know if what I suffer from is the restless legs syndrom, but what happens to me is it first of all feels as if nerves are jumping in your legs and then as if there are worms moving about under the skin, then I get terrific cramp in the feet it is so unbearable that I have to get out of bed and walk around or come downstairs and have a cuppa. This will happen for about a week and then go for a few days. But I can be up about 3 times during a night. It really tires you. I also notice that it starts as soon as I lay down in bed. Wish someone could tell me what to do.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >