Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2007, 10:12 PM

Off to Ash Animal Rescue on Thursday - First Donation

After the launch of my book "Polly and Friends" at the RDS 12th-14th October, I am off to ASH Animal rescue in Wicklow on Thursday to make the first donation from the profits made on book sales. I will also take the bags of food I have won at Open shows recently, not enough for 100 dogs but every little helps. My friend Rose is coming, she has an interest in Greyhounds and there are always some at ASH, also lurchers, some little stunners there too! there is a Dalmatian who is a "long term-er" so I will make sure I see him too.
Bookwise, sales are quiet at the moment, ahead of what I expect to be a busy run-up to Christmas which should start pretty soon, so I am bracing myself for a hectic time (hope it doesn't all happen at once!) packing and posting books off, then I can start to donate to the other nominated dog charities.....
(see www.gillsbooks.com for details of current charities supported, list being added to regularly)
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Well done, I'm sure things will only get better! Here's hoping for a very busy christmas for you!