Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-10-2007, 04:16 PM

hairdresser has made a mess of carer's hair

Hi,

My poor carer is devastated, she has been to the hairdresser - a cheaper one to the one she usually goes to and they have ruined her hair! She has always had a dark brown colour with a few streaks of blonde in it. It used to look a deep brown, if you know what I mean. She has come out of this different hairdresser and her hair in the shade looks the same, but when she is in the sun it turns ginger and the roots have turned Blondish! She is naturaly dark so she doesn't know what's happened. she has a splash of dye on her forehead, on both temples and the back of her neck. She is only pleased she refused to have it cut. They tried another colour over the top and she has to go back again tomorrow to try another colour. What is worse is she doesn't think it will work. - she is a hairdresser herself, she used to run a saloon on her own, and has a NVQ 2 in hairdressing. She says she feels like shaving it all off. She has lovely hair too, half way down her shoulders.

She is going to have to leave it until christmas now and go back to her usual place, she was trying to cut the cost but it just isn't worth it.

I feel so frustrated and angry that they have made a mess of it, as a woman's main feature are there hair and face.

I hope it all works out tomorrow, I really hope she didn't mean it about shaving it all off.

Ian
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 04:24 PM
perhaps she should do her hairdressing again then Ian ....she is ALWAYS telling you how bad her boss is
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Ian, sometimes I really fail to understand why you come on this board, it's a dog board. I can't even remember when you actually mention your dog. You also say some really insulting things, such as a womans main feature is thei hair and face, is that all you see a woman as. Anyone's main feature is who they are as a person.
You posted not the other day that you felt really bad because people were judging you on that fact that you had no legs yet you say that's how woman should be judged on how they look.
I really am not interested in your carer at all, I think she has been totally unprofessional about her relationship with you and you with her.
There is more to life than your carer.
Becky
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Ian, sometimes I really fail to understand why you come on this board, it's a dog board. I can't even remember when you actually mention your dog. You also say some really insulting things, such as a womans main feature is thei hair and face, is that all you see a woman as. Anyone's main feature is who they are as a person.
You posted not the other day that you felt really bad because people were judging you on that fact that you had no legs yet you say that's how woman should be judged on how they look.
I really am not interested in your carer at all, I think she has been totally unprofessional about her relationship with you and you with her.
There is more to life than your carer.
Becky
How very rude Bec(albeit typical from other boards you have been on) If you don't like what Ian posts then DON'T READ them
& put Ian on your ignore list

This is a non dog section
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Dyane, Ian doesn't post about dogs, doesn't contribute to dog discussions nor even post when people put pictures up, all he talks about is his carer. He has made some quite offensive comments in the past about women , which have been commented on by others and I'm fed up with seeing posts from Ian harping on about his carer. In the main I don't read any posts he posts I just have got fed up with his constant posting about non-dog related things.
I've bitten my tongue for too long on this, If you don't like it don't read it!
What happened to your threat when I first came on here that you weren't going to post again because you are so anti-chipping?
Becky
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 09:00 PM
I have to say...

1. This is a dog lovers forum but we don't have to talk dogs all day. We have threads for all to enjoy, from serious dog threads right through to ward 6.

2. Yes his carer is incredibly unprofessional, and if she was one of mine she would've been removed from Ian's long ago because of his reliance on her.... and the fact that Ian's ability to become so reliant on someone, to the point of obsessing about her life just shows how vulnerable he is.

3. Yes Ian has commented before on his opinions of women, which were offensive, ie about what women should and shouldn't wear, about his cousins daughter? trying to lose weight for her wedding, about women who are overweight. So Ian, you haven't done yourself any favours there mate.

4. Yes I can see some people agreeing with some of what Becky has said, however it is very clear Ian is a vulnerable person (sorry Ian for discussing you like this but it's an open forum and you have posted about all this). He wouldn't be having social services pay to send carers in as much as they do if it was for just his physical disabilities. Well all know he gets down and depressed, and at times understandably too.
So Becky, as someone who has also openly said you have been on anti-depressants it was a bit harsh to come out on here, in what may be Ian's only other outlet apart from his carers, and basically tell him to shut it.

I do see where you are coming from, but there were other ways of putting it, or if you can't say anything good don't say anything at all.

I often don't comment on Ian's threads anymore, purely because I do get so frustrated (that is an understatment)at how his carers treat him. It is appalling, and as a care co-ordinator I feel ashamed that it is going on, but Ian will never see this..... and I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

Ian, I know you worry about your carer, but there are lots who worry about you because of this, especially those of us who work in care and can see the problem for what it is.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
guys, please don't argue!!

Ian, please don't take any offence to anything that has been posted on this thread tonight.

I work as a carer, i know how hard it is sometimes to not get too attached, we all know what is professional and whats not, but i think that until someone is in the same situation they don't know.

P'm me if you want to mate.

Mel.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 09:47 PM
I was born with a facial deformity so I know all about being abused which is why Ian's comments about a womans main features being her face I found to be incredibly offensive. Yes I know Ian is vulnerable, I've attempted to talk to him via pm previously to no avail. I've offered for him to come and stay with me but there comes a point when he has to be told a few home truths, that's the only way I could get through my problems, you need a wake up call and maybe this is it.
Becky
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Becky I do understand about you being abused because of your facial features, and thats why I find his comments about overweight women offensive. I too have tried to talk to him, but to do it in that way when none of us actually can nip round to make sure he is ok was a bit harsh.
I don't know if anyone personally knows Ian. or knows where he lives etc, as i don't want him getting all upset whilst alone.
Ian, please let someone know you are ok.

Becky you have had your wake up call, and are a stronger person because of it, but Ian may not be ready for it, especially so publically on here.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 12:06 AM
I've tried not to coment on Ian posts as Iwould like to think support him. However I'm sure I'm not the only one worried about his dependence on one carer. I'd hate to upset Ian but I feel shes been very unprofessional and to be honest it worries me
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >