Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-10-2007, 01:07 PM

Doggie Clothes is it fair???

When you see all the clothes and boots and hats made for dogs do you think its fair i think their going over the top with sun glasses and hats and boots.

I will ammit my dogs have coats{hoodys}
Yes they have the odd t-shirt like the england one and and untied shirt i didnt buy them we got them bought for us.

What do you think have your dogs got anything like this

I know iam opening a can of worms here
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 01:11 PM
My shorthaired girls have clothes. My longhaired collie/springer x just has a winter jacket for snow and very cold weather as although his hair is long, it is quite thin and he has a bal belly e.t.c.

Maddy has a hoody/jumper and a wax jacket.

Dusty is a smaller dog and this is mainly what the 'market for these things is for, so evidentally she has quite a few t-shirts, and a couple of coats.

At the end of the day if they need them I will get them, if they don't I won't, but if they can look pretty at the same time as being practical what's wrong with that?
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2007, 01:11 PM
I hate it, can't stand to see dogs being dressed up. Want to play dressing up.... by a doll I'd make exception for dog coats etc if it's for a breed that needs it I guess.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 01:12 PM
I can see the logic of some dog coats and some of the boots; and I think that the occasional wearing of a t-shirt/costume (e.g. an England shirt, christmas hat etc) is alright

However, the majority of dogs have fur coats and don't need clothes. They don't even need matching collars and leads (but shhh! cos I like them )

The whole thing is mostly over the top, with people buying rubbish they don't need and the dogs don't need.

Honestly, does a dog really need 8 different outfits for social occasions?
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I agree with what you are saying,I don't mind seeing a wee dog with a coat on in the winter when it's cold.I however don't like to see all these daft fads,people dressing their dogs up like they are kids.If you want a baby have one, don't pretend the dogs a baby at the end of the day allow the dog to be a dog.Good thread by the way,xxxxxxxxxx
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
I hate it, can't stand to see dogs being dressed up. Want to play dressing up.... by a doll I'd make exception for dog coats etc if it's for a breed that needs it I guess.
I completely agree-coats for those that need them in the winter is about my limit, dogs are dogs not people

I have a hard enough time cleaning up after my usually filthy two after walk time without having to worry about getting clothes off and washing them
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 03:32 PM
My Jack Russell has virtually no natural coat so if its really cold/wet I have a couple of waterproof/windproof coats for her; thats about it.
But I dont have a problem with anyone who wants to buy clothes for their dogs- especially the toy breeds. Everyone is entitled to amuse themselves as Im sure it doesn't make that much difference to the dogs. I do have some very fancy collars tho.............
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Ruby has a rain coat just beacuse it is easier than having a wet dog! i think clothes are ok for elderly and poorly dogs but I draw the line at rain coats
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
More or less my thoughts, If a dog needs a coat fair enough but when I see dogs like labs with them I think, WHY.

Though saying that my lot do have a england shirt but only where that every major tournament. I have also been know to wind storm up with glasses and hats but thats only playing with him and not as a fashion item to go out in.

1 more thing (my god I sound like columbo) where did you get the united shirt as mine may get one.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
More or less my thoughts, If a dog needs a coat fair enough but when I see dogs like labs with them I think, WHY.

Though saying that my lot do have a england shirt but only where that every major tournament. I have also been know to wind storm up with glasses and hats but thats only playing with him and not as a fashion item to go out in.

1 more thing (my god I sound like columbo) where did you get the united shirt as mine may get one.
Gonna report ya..... thats downright cruelty
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »