Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-09-2007, 11:31 PM

9month old bitch-no signs of comeing into first season

i have a 9month old bitch she hasnt come into season yet she is showing signs well has been for 4 weeks now,her litter sister mate has already come into season at 8months how long do i have to wait till she comes into season do i need to take her to the vet
moonbeams
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-10-2007, 06:54 AM
hello,

It can vary greatly depending on the individual, and sometimes they will keep themselves so clean you may not notice she is in season. However if you are worried maybe a phone call to your vets for some reasurance might help a bit?

Unless the dog was showing signs of a hormone problem or something I wouldn't worry too much at the moment.
noubi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-10-2007, 01:17 PM
the breed of dog makes a huge difference too, Anoushka has only just had her first season at 12 months old, Henna was 7 months but hers last for weeks.
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes, Im still waiting for Stella to come into season and she is 15 months!!!! The vet said her season was probably a silent season ie she didnt show signs or give off a smell. I'll not worry too much. Ive heard of dogs that have had their first season at 2 years old!!!

Spettadog
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2007, 11:26 PM
ive been told that shes not ready just yet but it shount been too long now
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2007, 08:40 PM
we will deft know when shes in heat as my male will be bouceing off the walls she is now 10months old-do you think i should take her to the vets to see what they say.
Her sister who was the runt of the litter has already had her season when she was 8months
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I have two sisters one had her first season at 6 months the other at almost twelve months.
I had a girly had her first season at 11 montha then all others after that regular every six months.
Don't worry yet
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 09:55 AM
My Inca was 23 months before she had her first season, we had her fully checked out and blood tests ran, everything was ok....then typically 2 weeks later she came in season.

It's a case of wait and see I'm afraid.
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi there

My little girl came into season last night. She is 15 months old!!! I think she just wasnt ready so I wouldnt rush into anything. She is still very young. What breed is she?

FWIW none of my male dogs have even noticed yet. May be different in a week though!!!!

Kind regards
Spettadog
caroleann
New Member!
Female 

03-11-2007, 07:38 PM
my two tibetan spaniels have never shown signs either, theyre 3 now and floss is pregnant, so dont assume that nothings happening just because the outward signs are not showing. good luck, carolexx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >