Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 01:10 PM

Something spooky happened this morning

A while ago now I had a very vivid dream, where I was on this stretch of road, I didn't know where I was, I didn't know why I was there, but then it came to me in the dream that it was an area behind Brighton (Woodingdean), very, very hilly, and right at the top is the Race Course, but that was an assumption of mine in my dream. Now I still remember this dream very vividly, especially this stretch of road at the top Woodingdean, which is where I thought I was in this dream, even though I'd never been there before.

Well, this morning I had an appointment in Brighton Race Course for a private health Scan with a private company, and I used Dave's Sat Nav to get me there. As I came off the motorway and climbed and climbed out in the countryside, she said to turn right over the hill at the traffic lights. I was waiting for the lights, and as I turned into the road, it was the very same road that was in my dream!!!!!! I don't mind telling you, I got a bit spooked out thinking something major was going to happen! It instantly took me back to that dream, it was the very same road, and I had never ever been on it before and I didn't know I was going to be on it today??? What's going on there then? How spooky is that??? Nothing happened I hasten to add, but I did feel very uneasy. You can't say it was dejavous because this was in a dream I had weeks ago, and that only happens when you're in a place and you FEEL like you've been there before, but in this case I actually dreamt it! Spooky or wot!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2007, 01:39 PM
That is spooky maybe you have been connected to that place in a previous life.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Very spooky.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 03:59 PM
wouldnt worry as often had dreams about stuff and then find my self doing it days or weeks later. i know its scary though....

sue
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Ooooh well spooky It's supposed to be lucky when a dream is broken, so they say, you're about due for some good luck so, fingers crossed - might be as well to buy a lottery ticket this week

I very often get a feeling of deja vu, things that I didn't think important at the time come back and seem to have a meaning. I suppose you could get really into it etc but I don't cos I end up scaring myself
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I didn't know that Sheree, about dreams being broken I've had that deja vu many a time, but this was different. I've also had a premonition dream, many years ago, nothing exciting, just that I woke up and had been dreaming my boss had phoned me to say she couldn't meet me that morning at a cafe (I was a sales rep and she was the area manager), and when I woke up, the phone was ringing and I just knew it was her and she said exactly what I had dreamt, I won't forget that one either! Another time, again years ago, I had a very vivid dream about a big axe (yes, very strange but I did!) and the very next day I was walking down the high street, looked in a building society window, and there was this same enormous axe in it, which they'd used as a window prop!! That spooked me too! Maybe I'm just the spooky type!!! Strange things happen sometimes don't they.

I'm now wondering whether somebody was trying to tell me to take up the offer of going to this scan and if they gave me the location in a dream, it would ring a bell with me when the letter came through asking if I wanted an appointment? Could be, but I didn't get it did I, or maybe I did in my subconcious. Oooooeer this is getting a bit too deep for me!! Lol!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Ooooohh, very strange that one. How bizarre and a lot spooky.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Yes H that is kind of spooky, one explanation could be that you have in fact been along a road that 'looks like' the one you had to travel on to make the appointment. IMO our sub conscious (Sp) retains images without us being aware of it.

BTW does anyone know if you tend to dream more as you get older?
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 09:22 PM
If you've had a few these 'dreams' in the past, then you have a very rare and special gift They're more premonition than dejavu
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2007, 07:25 AM
very wierd, i had a dream similar to it. about a week before the huge tidal wave hit. i had a dream and i will never forget it i was in a hotel that was on a beach, looked like something in the carribean i was standing in my apartment and was looking out to sea from the window and with that a huge tidal wave came over us killed hundreds but i was fine i went down to the bottom of the hotel, dont know why we wernt under water lol and helped someone trapped. with that i woke up. i told my partner about my dream and thought nothing of it. when i seen the news a week later i completely freaked the worst thing about it was on the news there was a beach hotel. weird or what?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >