Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:30 PM

prob

indie keeps rubbin her bum on the floor, could it be worms? She is due for wormin this month so jus wondered if thats what it is or could it be something else.

Shes been acting really weird lately, holding her head low, shes been sick a couple of days ago and then about 5 times early this morning but ate her breakkie. As u kno we thought she might have cut her foot last week, do u think shes reacting from that?
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:33 PM
You better get her checked at the vet if your not sure about whats wrong, it might be serious, it might not!
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-03-2005, 01:37 PM
could be her anal glands. but wise to get her checked out.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:43 PM
she is drinking and eating normally and although she seems a bit down she is quite happy out on walks
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:53 PM
i normally starve max for a bit if she he has been sick. has she got the runs as if max has ever had the runs he drags his bum on the floor maybe to clean it? i took him once to the vet thinking it was anal glands or worms and it was neither they said some dogs just do it after going for a number 2?
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 03:37 PM
prob anal glands - what do you feed? some soft foods dont make the poo (excuse the expression) hard enough to clear the anal secrection (that should happen once a day at least).
Cooper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Poppy does it sometimes - normally its just an itch (minging but she eats alot of grass and sometimes it sticks out her bum and irritates her )
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi Jenny only just spotted you post..the anal gland problem is usually easy to spot cos you can smell it ..but that should not make Indie sick and holding her head down is not a good sign, worms might make her sick you don't say if it was food she brought up or bile..If you have the least concern see a vet. and don't risk worming her while she is sick unless the vet says its ok , the best worm tabs come from the vet too. If Indie is due for worming why not take her to the vets to get tabs and have her checked out to be on the safe side ..better a few pounds now than a lot later
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 04:14 PM
well cant smell anything. The sick was just froth which she quickly ate back up.. i hear thats a good sign if the dog eats the sick again as it means they are not ill? I have recently changed her back over to raw food so maybe thats whats caused it. She is still getting burns dry food in her activity ball.

Last time she cut her foot she was ill a week later, so thats why i thought it might be that. She was certainly happy on her walk today
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 04:55 PM
eew is it good for them i dont let max eat his sick lol so i hope it isnt good for them
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >