Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
andylpool
New Member!
Male 

06-09-2007, 03:01 PM

Delemere Forest Cheshire

Used to go here as a kid, but have never took a dog there until today.
Coco loved it, goes on for miles its massive.
Loads of other people taking their dogs for walks.
Will upload a pic later

Delamere Forest Park comprises over 950 hectares of mixed deciduous and evergreen forest, open grassland and wetlands. It is the largest wooded area in Cheshire and lies within the Mersey Forest. Blakemere Moss has become an excellent habitat for a wide variety of wildlife and is particularly popular with ornithologists.
Delamere offers the complete day out for all the family, with a wide range of facilities including bike hire, cafe, shop, Visitor Centre Go Ape! high ropes course and many car parks, picnic sites and viewpoints

How to get there:
Situated approximately 10 miles from the outskirts of Chester and close to the M56. The forest park is well sign posted from the A54, A556 and B5152.
BY RAIL
Delamere station is situated on the outskirts of the forest and is a 5 minute walk from the Visitor centre.

If your coming from Liverpool, then just go over the Runcorn bridge and follow signs for Frodsham.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Lovely area, although its been some time since I have been there, SHCGB have a night rally there once a year. great fun. I "might" have a go at it this year lol.

Mo
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 06:36 PM
i go there all the time, it's one of our fave walks, can get very busy at he weekends, so we tend to walk there during the week.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Ooooooh, sounds like a possible venue for a North west Dosey meet!! It`s 30 mins from me. i do agility/obedience very near here too.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 12:29 PM
we used to go there all the time but havent been since out last dog was killed due to an u known poison in one of the lakes there

just be aware of algae there - i know its everywhere but were particularly bothered about it there

great walk though!