Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 08:40 AM

New Friend?

The people who I knew from the UK who lived not far from here - and looked after Deccy a few times - moved back to Britain on Monday. They had left a couple of wardrobes for me but didn't want me round on Sunday, (that's a story in itself) when I wanted to sort out moving the wardrobes, and left without saying goodbye.
I went round Tuesday to make myself known to the new owner, who I was told is a Labrador exhibitor/breeder from Lincolnshire. Well!!!!!!
Prior to Lincolnshire she lived in Essex, not only that but many of her family come from where I lived before moving to Ireland, her sister was a neighbour!!!! PLUS we really hit it off.
She had a lot of issues over what the previous owners had done/not done and I filled her in about a number of things - THEN she said that the husband had told her he was one of the top exhibitors in the UK and when he turned up at Irish shows, everyone said they might as well go home as they had arrived!!!!!!! PMSL! Let's just say nothing could be further from the truth!!!!! Plus he told her he was high up in a certain supermarket - he worked in the warehouse unloading stuff so maybe high up meant up a ladder! I don't know why people have to be like that. She came out with a stream of adjectives, all of which were spot on.
Anyway, we have hit it off. She has 8 Labs and a huge car and she has offered to share travelling when I get back in the ring again, and she has two pups so we can go to ringcraft together and I can take one of the pups round! I went round yesterday and helped her to move the heavier stuff from the barn where the removal men had dumped everything (she didn't have a key to the house on Monday) into the house then she cleared out the car and brought one of the wardrobes over to mine, unfortunately the better one is too big so she will keep that one. Like me, she lives alone, she's an ex lorry driver and great fun! Deccy played with her older bitch yesterday, she was more interested in chasing a ball and Deccy kept trying to mount her
Today I am taking her to the offices where she needs to sort out various paperwork necessary when you move here from the UK, so at least she will know where it is next time and it will kick things off. More importantly - I will give her the forms for registering her dogs over here so she can start showing asap......
Looks like things will be considerably better from now on.....
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 08:48 AM
This is such good news for you. She sounds like a perfect neighbour and hopefully a great friend for you.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm really pleased for you - you have lots of virtual friends here on Dogsey, but its so nice for you to have someone locally that you get on with so well
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Wonderful news Gill. Now you can have a proper hug oxoxoxox
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks! She's a 20 minute drive away, far enough for us not to be in each other's pockets but not too far to pop over fairly regularly....
It will be nice to get to know a different breed in another group too, I have my head filled with Hounds all the time, mind you she is thinking of getting a Hamiltonstavare..... one that has been on my wish list for years
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Now you can have a proper hug
Yes we already have, I think she's as pleased to meet me as I am to meet her....... she's a delightful person from what I see so far
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:16 AM
That's wonderful news Gill, you sound like you both have so much in common

Always good to have a real hug as well as all the virtual ones us dogseyers send.

xx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:39 AM
So pleased for you both Gill. It will be so nice for you to have a fairly near neighbout/friend with whom you have so much in common. May the friendship grow and prosper.
Eunice x
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm really pleased for you Gill, thats excellent news for you
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Pleased for you - so nice to have someone to share cuppas with hey!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >