Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-09-2007, 06:04 PM

Speyed But Still Attracting Dogs

Wilma was speyed in december,3 months later male dogs were finding her very attractive and she was not exactly fighting them off,at the same time she also spent a lot of time cleaning herself.
I took her to the vet who treated her for bacterial infection and after a weEk or so she was fine,now it has all started again,i have booked her into vets,but i,m wondering if maybe something was left behind when she was speyed,if so should i expect to pay to have things put right.

THIS TIME SHE IS ALSO WETTING HERSELF WHEN SHES ASLEEP.

TRACEY
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi tracey.

Dogs can suffer from urinary incontinence when they have been spayed, the usual treatment for this is "Propalin" drops, it usually works well, the sphincter muscles sometimes become weak after surgery and this causes the leakage.

The dogs may find her attractive just because she is leaking and they can smell it, there may be no other reason than that.
Dawn.
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Mi Mi was spayed a few weeks ago and shes till humps everything as well as attracts every dog around....wierd huh?
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
IT seems she may have vaginitis infection,2 weeks on anti biotics,hopefully this will sort her out,otherwise it will be back for more tests.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Best of luck, hope she is ok.