Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 05:44 PM

Emergency PAH visit for a Kong Wubba!

Following on from Isochick's thread, it got me thinking how I would feel if I have to throw away 'Wubba' as this is Max's most favourite toy.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=68623

I must have jinxed myself as Wubba died just hours after I replied to the thread

A friend of mine had just come round & Max was running round with Wubba when I noticed that the tennis ball was coming out. Dilema. Max willing dropped Wubba for me & then sat there patiently waiting for me to throw it. When I didn't throw it he started jerking his head frantically, pleading eyes saying 'come on Mum', then he starts barking (By now I'm wishing I'd followed Dave's suggestion of getting a spare Wubba.) What could I do - dissappoint my boy or risk a night at the vets after he swallowed some of Wubba's internal organs??? Neither were appealing options.

How sad am I, bearing in mind my friend had only just turned up & I was meant to making us dinner. I jokingly said 'if you weren't here I would be rushing to pets at home before they shut'. (7:35 pm on a Friday night - PAH shuts at 8 ). 'Go for it' she says - she's the greatest friend ever!

We then had to rush all the way to PAH, praying all of the way there that they had them in stock! I grabbed 2 of them (better safe than sorry).

Wubba 1 lasted 3 weeks & 6 days (Max's birthday present)
Wubba 2 stopped squeaking after just 1 hour. Max was chewing it frantically trying to get a squeak but nothing. I caved in & brought Wubba 3 out of hiding & my boy is happy again! I'm hoping that Wubba 3 will last as long as Wubba 1 (longer would be better) but I still need to go and get a back up Wubba 4 now!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Aaaawww Sydney has a Wubba and it has lasted very, very well - I bought it home as one of her presents from Crufts as she could not come with us!!

We also had a squeaky chicken, mark I and II but they did not survive for long!!

I bought Sydney a lovely toy a little while ago - it was a huge covered tennis ball with a dog's head on and 4 legs - very cute but what was I thinking?
Within 5 minutes his poor dog muzzle was off, later found various legs around the house and when OH got home from work found his little eyes!!
Very sad for dog tennis ball!!
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 06:09 PM
the wubba last less than two week in this house - the border terriers 'killed it'. It is currently semi naked and the inner has split, but still gets thrown about regularly

I dont think I would waste money one again - prob just stick a tennis ball in a sock
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow - your Wubba has lasted really well! I was impressed at just under 4 weeks for a squeaky toy for Max. It's quite disturbing what they do to their toys isn't it. Not long after we got Max we got him a soft teddy type toy. It was mutilated in minutes, it was horrible!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Sorry, post 4 refers to RRmum with the record breaking Wubba!

Wow Thandi, yours are worse toy-killers than Max for sure! That's impressive!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
We then had to rush all the way to PAH, praying all of the way there that they had them in stock! I grabbed 2 of them (better safe than sorry).

Wubba 1 lasted 3 weeks & 6 days (Max's birthday present)
Wubba 2 stopped squeaking after just 1 hour. Max was chewing it frantically trying to get a squeak but nothing. I caved in & brought Wubba 3 out of hiding & my boy is happy again! I'm hoping that Wubba 3 will last as long as Wubba 1 (longer would be better) but I still need to go and get a back up Wubba 4 now!
Hmmmh, I can see a pattern developing here, lol.
You should take out shares in the Wubba making factory....
Or better still get Max a job in there as chief tester!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I am so pleased - I can't believe we have a record!!!

Usually with her toys - she gets the glint in her eye, she decides they can live no more and that is it. Fluff and bits of toy body all over the floor!

The Wubba, perhaps it has not been a particular favourite, just a now and then toy and so perhaps that is how it has escaped. (so far!)
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Teagan has an extra large Wubba, and won't even play with it!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 06:42 AM
Think we'll have to get Jack one of those Wubbas, they sound great, and Jack is very easy on toys, he still has a squeeky snowman and a soft white musical fluffy bone that we got him last Christmas, the snowman still squeeks and the bone still blast out the Christmas jingles
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Hmmmh, I can see a pattern developing here, lol.
You should take out shares in the Wubba making factory....
Or better still get Max a job in there as chief tester!
I know, I'm such a soft touch, I'm wishing I'd never given him the first one now! He is obssessed with it and carries it around the house with him - I don't think he'd suffer withdrawal symptoms now without a wubba!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >