Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 07:38 PM

Dog Tag information

OH has just come back with Sydney from her walk and she managed to loose her collar whilst tearing around.
No problems, except her tags were on it and so we need to go and get another tomorrow.

She did have two tags - one with her name, address and telephone number and the other was one we were given when she was chipped. Thinking back I can't actually remember what was on it - you know how it is when you see something all the time but don't really notice

So will I fit all that I need to on a new tag or should we buy 2, as she had before.
I know I need name, address and number.
What do I put about the chip. Do I just put that she is chipped or do I need the number of the Indentichip people as well.
I obviously don't want her running around with a tag the size of a table - because if I had my way it would have about 6 different numbers, several contact addresses who would take her in, plus all the details about her chip - just in case...... but I do want enough on it that she would be reunited with us if the worst happened and she got lost.

So, what do you all have on your tags?

Thanks
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Here is a good article the kennel club have on the legal requirements.

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/379

I also have my mobile number and CHIPPED on the tags too

They aren't particularly large tags either think I got them on ebay.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 07:58 PM
got mine from ebay i have my surname,house number postcode and mobile number. thats all thats needed buy law.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Just bought Cassie a new one from:

www.identitag.co.uk

It has her name and full address on one side and telephone number and microchipped on the other. Good quality and looks like it will be hard wearing. Cost about £5
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys.
No time for e-bay or on-line I am afraid, as we don't have one I have to get one tomorrow and so OH will go to the Engravers so that it can go on her collar straight away.

I will put her name, address and telephone number on one side and Identichipped on the other I think.

OOoh just as I was typing this - someone rang to say they had found the collar on the Downs, they were worried that Sydney was missing too. So panic over - we are just off to collect it!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Great news, how lovely they were concerned and called.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 08:46 PM
thats great news hun maybe get her new one ant way and keep the` old one as a spare...lol
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
thats great news hun maybe get her new one ant way and keep the` old one as a spare...lol
Just what I was thinking.

Yes, the people that rang were really nice, they were relieved that we actually had the dog and it was only the collar that was missing.

But what fun and games when we went to find it. They had left it on a poo bin at the edge of a path, but there were a few paths and it was pitch dark.
So OH parked up and left me in the car while he walked to look for it. He was gone ages - I thought he had been mugged.
Only problem was i had no shoes on to get out of the car - as I cut my foot today - I was wearing odd, very thick socks as padding for my foot. Sat there thinking omg if I have to call the police to say OH missing - what a story - missing collar on poo bin in the pitch dark, me no shoes just odd socks. What a strange couple!!!
But imagination running wild and of course eventually he got back and all was well!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 09:33 PM
just I thought I never put my dogs name on the tag, only my surname so if its stolen at least they dotn have its name. I was also told by someone if they get close enough to read it they could entice the dog away using its name.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Just bought Cassie a new one from:

www.identitag.co.uk

It has her name and full address on one side and telephone number and microchipped on the other. Good quality and looks like it will be hard wearing. Cost about £5
I ordered from the same place back on the 15th of this month and have yet to recieve my order. How long did your's take to arrive?

Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
Yes, the people that rang were really nice, they were relieved that we actually had the dog and it was only the collar that was missing.

But what fun and games when we went to find it. They had left it on a poo bin at the edge of a path, but there were a few paths and it was pitch dark.
So OH parked up and left me in the car while he walked to look for it. He was gone ages - I thought he had been mugged.
Only problem was i had no shoes on to get out of the car - as I cut my foot today - I was wearing odd, very thick socks as padding for my foot. Sat there thinking omg if I have to call the police to say OH missing - what a story - missing collar on poo bin in the pitch dark, me no shoes just odd socks. What a strange couple!!!
But imagination running wild and of course eventually he got back and all was well!!
Sorry, that really made me giggle!!!
Give you heart to know that the people were concerned enough to ring you to say they had found the collar. There's hope for humankind yet!!
Hope your foot feels better soon!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >