Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-08-2007, 04:28 PM

my boy was bitten!

I'm absolutley livid! i've just got in from work to see that my boy has been bitten by a dog on his paper round this morning ( this wasn't a staffordshire bull terrier or pitbull type) i'm not going to say what breed it was because i think that is irrelivant to the bitting? he was delivering his papers when a dog ran out of the house and jumped to bite him but he managed to turn so it caught hold of his elbow. Luckily it just caught him and even though it only bruised him a made a little mark(drew blood though) he's now scared to deliver they're paper again! the woman who's dog it was said to him sorry he's never bitten before but where does he stand! i've told him not to deliver the paper as it's not worth being bitten?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:31 PM
I agree he should tell the shop that he wont deliver to this house again because of this incident and the owner is going to have to get her paper herself.
I don't think that is unreasonable.
Becky
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:35 PM
So sorry to hear this has happened. Must have been a shock.

If I were in your shoes I'd wait till I had calmed down (perhaps a day or two) and call round to speak to the owners of the dog. I would let them know what happened and ask what measures they are taking to insure something like this doesn't happen again.

If they are good owners they will be approachable and be open to helpful suggestions on this; plus already be taking steps themselves.

If they aren't willing to listen or appear not to care, I would consider taking further steps.

Has your lad reported the incident to his work? I feel that's important so no future paper lads (or lasses) get injured. Perhaps they might stop the dog owners subscription.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I agree he should tell the shop that he wont deliver to this house again because of this incident and the owner is going to have to get her paper herself.
I don't think that is unreasonable.
Becky
Totally agree, it's unacceptable, also the shop the lad works for should have insurance for this type of thing, so if there's any unforseen infection etc, the lad could have a claim.
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-08-2007, 04:43 PM
my other half just came back from the shop, The owner/boss didn't really know what to say?
matthew&claire
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-08-2007, 05:41 PM
if i were you id go down there to tell them your not happy with what has happened.then the shop owner should stop the papers to that house incase it happens to some one else.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 05:54 PM
oh thats horrilble can you report it to anyone?

i hope he feels better soon and it doesnt affect him to much *hUgs*
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I think the owner of the shop should go and see these people and tell them that they will have to pick up their papers from now on. I would have thought if these owners were responible owners they would have contacted you to see how the boy is.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2007, 06:01 PM
I agree with all the others have said.I do hope your son is ok and it hasn't put him off dogs altogether.
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-08-2007, 06:10 PM
i have 3 kids and out of all of them i'd say he was the most nervous of dogs, don't think he's ever had any bad encounters with any but he's always been a bit weary of them? unlike my other to little girls who love all animals. I really think this will affect him when it comes to dogs though because even though we've had ours for 6 months now, he's still not totally relaxed with him!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >