Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lyra
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2007, 05:48 PM

How would you rate this food?

I am thinking about switching my dog over to this brand of food (see below for link) and was wondering if any of you feed it, or have fed it. What would you rate this dog food out of 10? Would you feed it to your dog? Thanks in advance.

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/FoodA...rmula/catid/42
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't think it;'s a brand we get here in the uk so I had a quick look at the ingredients. The thing I would worry about is the poultry flavour, it doesn't say whether it's artificial or real. I try to avoid any product with artificial additives.
Becky
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Wouldnt do for me im afraid, as it contains ceriel which isnt good for a dog normally so it gets a 3/10 from me. Sorry
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 02:36 PM
So long as your dog has no allergy to any of the particular ingrediants (corn for instance - etc) and does ok on it then it seems pretty standard to me - as far as dry dog food goes and should be fine It has it's fair amount of 'filler' ingrediants but then show me a dry dog food that doesn't - Some will have more than others - you could look out for a food with less fillers but if this suits your dog and your happy with the price it'll be ok.
Lyra
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies, I am most likley not going to feed it to Sheena then. Thanks again for all of your help
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Lyra View Post
I am thinking about switching my dog over to this brand of food (see below for link) and was wondering if any of you feed it, or have fed it. What would you rate this dog food out of 10? Would you feed it to your dog? Thanks in advance.

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/FoodA...rmula/catid/42
It's all very well giving you the ingredients on a package, but to what proportion are the ingredients. ie: % of protien, ash, calcium etc,
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Who cares i have long since given up working the ratio out the best food on the planet made one dane poop like mad!! give it what it does well on
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
Who cares i have long since given up working the ratio out the best food on the planet made one dane poop like mad!! give it what it does well on
You should care, giving a young puppy too much protien can do more damage then good.
Puppies should be brought on slowly, let the young bones and joints develop before putting on too much weight.
Young dogs can be ruined by an inappropriate diet.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
You should care, giving a young puppy too much protien can do more damage then good.
Puppies should be brought on slowly, let the young bones and joints develop before putting on too much weight.
Young dogs can be ruined by an inappropriate diet.

Lamb, lamb meal, brewers rice, ground corn, corn gluten meal, ground barley, poultry fat (naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), rice bran, fish meal, poultry flavour, flaxseed meal, dried whole egg, salt, potassium chloride, mannanoligosaccharide, choline chloride, zinc oxide, vitamin A, D and E supplements, ferrous sulphate (iron), zinc proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, calcium iodate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, calcium pantothenate, copper sulphate, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B12, biotin, sodium selenite, menadione sodium bisulphite (a source of vitamin K activity), manganese oxide, folic acid, cobalt carbonate.

Please note that product ingredients and product information may occasionally change from the above. Kindly refer to actual product labelling.

no too much ceral,and they will change the ingedients as well,we dont get it anyway,but id do for a well balanced puppy food,try asking the store owner,or your breeder or the rescue,where ever you got sheen from might be a start,puppies need balanced diets and this for me would go in the bin,sorry hope this help xx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
Lamb, lamb meal, brewers rice, ground corn, corn gluten meal, ground barley, poultry fat (naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), rice bran, fish meal, poultry flavour, flaxseed meal, dried whole egg, salt, potassium chloride, mannanoligosaccharide, choline chloride, zinc oxide, vitamin A, D and E supplements, ferrous sulphate (iron), zinc proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, calcium iodate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, calcium pantothenate, copper sulphate, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B12, biotin, sodium selenite, menadione sodium bisulphite (a source of vitamin K activity), manganese oxide, folic acid, cobalt carbonate.

Please note that product ingredients and product information may occasionally change from the above. Kindly refer to actual product labelling.

no too much ceral,and they will change the ingedients as well,we dont get it anyway,but id do for a well balanced puppy food,try asking the store owner,or your breeder or the rescue,where ever you got sheen from might be a start,puppies need balanced diets and this for me would go in the bin,sorry hope this help xx

I'd bin it as well, Eukaneba is a good start for any puppy.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >