Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-02-2005, 10:05 PM

petition against assisted puppy farmers

heres a petition against government assisted puppy farmers its bad enough with the puupy farmers we have without goverment backing

http://www.ethical-business.com/defa...il&pet=619
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-02-2005, 10:36 PM
I have signed Minty I had this concept explained to be before as I stated on another thread. A friend of mine rescued two of my breed from a sanctuary who got the dogs from a puppy farm in mid Wales. I understand 'The girls' had never seen daylight and were scared of everything. When I expressed my loathing as to why this happened the friend said that was how things worked down there, the farmers had been told by the government to diversify in their choice of cash crop...so they had...not turnips or corn but dogs...just another cash crop...not living creatures. Now these farmers are to be encouraged even more by the government in their nasty trade instead of being banned. I was told the way forward was to give the farmers an alterative crop because it is all about money and the farmers don't care what they raise as long as it makes money.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I have signed it
Why do some people treat living creatures with feelings like a product
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2005, 11:12 PM
signed
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

23-02-2005, 11:18 PM
I've signed
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2005, 09:31 AM
I have signed
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2005, 09:32 AM
signed, and sent to a friend to sign.....

I took Prinz from a puppy farm, i know i shouldnt have as the evil man will just breed more and more.... but i couldnt leave that little face sitting in a freezing outdoor kennel filled with poop. I did let him know that the place was filthy, as i through him £100. Funnily enough he wouldnt give me a reciept but if their was anything wrong with the dog, i could bring it back within 48 hours, and get my money back. I asked him what he would do with a returned puppy.... he didnt answer me.
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

24-02-2005, 09:52 AM
I have signed as well
CBT
Dogsey Senior

24-02-2005, 09:58 AM
do farming connect only give out grants to welsh farmers or do they hand them out to anyone in the uK?
Ive only ever heard of them being given to a few welsh farmers to be honest, is this now happeneing all over the UK?
I would have thought that if someone was going to be a puppy farmer in the true sense of the word and keep their dogs in appallling conditions, dark barns, cramped cages etc, then surely they would just go ahead and do it on some dingy farm miles from nowhere, why would they go to the bother of going through official channels which would require full licensing and inspections etc?

sorry to be controversial (yes, I know I make a habit of it but its because my motto in life is to question everything) but dont you think that if a grant is given out, it will be under strict conditions? the farmers will have to prove that they are capapble and experienced in order to get the grant in the first place I dont think they just hand them out to anyone who wants one

the real puppy farmers surely dont care about laws and regulations and grants and rules because they break all of them anyway by keeping their dogs in foul conditions and maximising profit by over breeding the dogs?

just my point of view, I think the real people who deserve the hate campaign are those who operate outside the law, and because they do, it is very difficult to catch them
The real mass scale puppy farmers rarely deal direct with the public, they usually ship puppies out through dealers to prevent people knowing their location and the conditions the dogs are kept in, if a farmer was to apply for a farming connect grant to diversify into dog breeding, they would have strict standards to adhere to and I imagine this would not allow the puppies to be shipped off to 3rd parties (although I could be wrong, and I sincerely hope that isnt the case )
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2005, 10:06 AM
signed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >