register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Do you have a jacket with your name and your dogs name on???
yes 2 13.33%
no 9 60.00%
thinking about getting one 2 13.33%
thats just daft!!! 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 10:57 AM

Do you have a 'team' jacket?

or a jacket with your dogs name on??

i ahve one for my horse suze .....
and underneath - tuscan dream (my horses name)

i was thinking of getting one for millie - when we go to the shows -call me sad but we do it in the horse world but ive been out of competitions for sucha long time i dunno if you guys wear them???

mine would say - suze .... and underneath "im all ears" with a collie dog in the middle

thoughts?
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 11:29 AM
would be nice But i think i'd feel a bit silly wearing one esp if we didn't win!
However I do want to get a handbag with my dogs picyure on!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 11:30 AM
That's all very well BUT for those of us who show, it's banned to wear anything distinguishing yourself or your dog (or kennel name) in the ring and as Irish shows are outdoors all summer in a wet climate, knowing me I would forget, go in the ring with it and get disqualified!
There's no-one to see it where I live ...
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 11:34 AM
I voted no as i know i would feel very silly ,but what ever suits i suppose
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Is that just ireland?

I can see the point of that tho so the judge wouldn't show favouritism or the opposite just because of your name.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 11:37 AM
ok lol - most people have them in the horse world - they cost 90 quid for the jaclket (wittaker jacket) and then the cost of having them embroidered -0 rip off if you ask me lol

id have one i think if i do well with her -[ just for round the showgrounds - hehe -
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't have one and never will to be honest. I think in dog showing if your dog is good enough, you get people approaching you after seeing you in the ring.
I have seen the larger well know kennels wearing them around the shows especially at Crufts, obviously outside the ring, however these kennels and faces are so well known that advertising the dog seems a pointless exercise anyway.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Everyone on the teams at Flyball has a jacket/fleece etc, even if it's only the beginners team.

They are red and black with the logo and team name on, and some people have their dogs names embroidered on.

I've seen team members wearing them whilst not actually at Flyball, e.g. companion dog show, obedience class etc.
and even someone at Tesco!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
Is that just ireland?
No its so in England & Wales as well & I assume Scotland.

I had a jacket with my affix on it but when it was too old I didn't bother with another as you can't wear them in the ring. I do have sweaters with pictures of some of my previous dogs on though & a teeshirt for the obedience ring which says down, sit, stay - no way & an embrodered GSD on it.
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Although we wear t shirts, jackets or gillets with pictures/embroidery of our own dogs, no show/kennel name is printed with it. You can pay through the nose to have a jacket with your breed on it - someone elses dog - so if we can do it ourselves, we do (handy knowing someone in the embroidery business ) and t shirt printing is so easy to do Some have their kennel name printed/embroidered across the backs of their coats, not worn in the ring obviously. Yes we know who they are but I think it helps members of the public who don't know who they are, seeing who they are and, rather than bothering them at that show, getting in touch maybe at a later date?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >