Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-08-2007, 08:25 PM

Is Storm Still about? (long post)

This is going to sound a bet weird but I am beging to think the old boy is still around. Nothing has happend in the past year that has made me think this but over the past week or so a few things have happend that has got me thinking. All have explanations but it is still odd.

First off the door to the living room swung open just like it did when he charged through it, explanation, back door was open so this may have caused it.

Next Star, Skye and Jake and fast asleep and I hear the noise of scratching, just like Storm did when he was pawing away at something under the table, explanation, they might have been dreaming and moved their paws but I did not see.

This morning on the walk I was playing with Star and Jake and Skye wandered off, I looked for a couple of mins only to find her in a part of the walk off the beaten track, very muddy, wet. None of the others ever go here only Storm every day, no this can be explained cos Skye is a "explorer" and loves mud and water, I just thought weird with the other things happening.

The next two are a bit harder to explaing, Last night I was tv and smelt Storms smell, he had a different smell to the others and it was unmistakeble, It stayed for a few minutes and went. Then today my sister, who I have not mentioned the things happening to said while she was walking with the dogs to the fields on Saturday morning (6am)she heard the sound of a collar "jingling" behind her, so she stopped and looked and could still hear it, the three were stood still so was not them, She set off again and could still hear it, she thought it could be a dog or cat but dog nervy jake not not bother and cat hating Star either. Skye however turned and cocked her head. Now I would have normally said it was nothing but with the other happenings I begin to wonder.

Thanks for reading such a long post and I hope you dont think I am a nutter.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 08:28 PM
No Phill, Im often sure Barney comes back and visits me. I can see him in the corner of my eye sometimes and I stop in my tracks turn back and he's not there.
But if I was to swear blind he was when I walked passed his usual seat............
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 08:31 PM
yep know that feeling luz sometimes i awake in the middle of the nite thinking i hear juke cry for the toilet , or here he feet coming up hallway even when the girls are all in lounge with me or catch a glimpse of him in the garden with the tail of my eye but he is not there xxdk
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
yep know that feeling luz sometimes i awake in the middle of the nite thinking i hear juke cry for the toilet , or here he feet coming up hallway even when the girls are all in lounge with me or catch a glimpse of him in the garden with the tail of my eye but he is not there xxdk
Thank god its not just me! I even think he's in the nook of the back of me legs in bed when im in bed at night (his favourite place) Ive reached out for him many times. Just didnt want to post that incase you all thought I was weird!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't think you are a nutter. When I lost one of my cats I was so distraught i'd fall asleep crying every night for a while. I think moreso as she was killed in the road so I felt guilty too, she was just 9 months.

Anyway everytime I fell asleep thinking about her i'd wake up to feeling a cat rubbing against my body and climbing all over me as I lay in bed as she used to do as a young kitten. Down to the very jingle of her bell as she jumped on and over the bed.

I don't know if you have ever experienced sleep paralysis but I do all the time. It's where you are either just falling asleep or just waking up, and you can hear everything going on around you, but you keep drifting in and out of sleep and can't move or wake up fully. (If you google sleep paralysis it would probably be explained there better than I can!).

This is how I felt when I could 'sense' a cat there with me, not fully awake but not fully asleep, and when I did finally wake up my bedroom door would be shut and everything as I left it. Cats all downstairs in their 'bedroom'.

There never was a cat there with me, but I sincerely believe it was my baby Nipper. x

Not told anyone that before so there you go! If you are mad then so am I!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 08:37 PM
I've always been a great believer in our furry friends coming back to visit us from time to time.

Sometimes I could swear that I have seen my old girl Bella in her favourite spot under the table - but when I look around, she's not there! I remember about a year after her passing, my other dog Rocky was just standing, staring under the table where Bella used to lay. He kept wandering away, and then going back - and eventually settled exactly where he used to lie next to her of a night time.

It makes me smile to think of it
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Thank god its not just me! I even think he's in the nook of the back of me legs in bed when im in bed at night (his favourite place) Ive reached out for him many times. Just didnt want to post that incase you all thought I was weird!
ive been in back garden hanging out washing juke would always be with me and i could swear blind he be sitting in his fav spot (where he is now at rest ) or feel him brush by my leg , sometimes my oh has said when ive taken beau and skye for a walk lady juke best pal would be frolicking around as though playing with another dog but her being only dog in house , now thats weird and they say dogs sense things better than humans , xxdk
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I don't think you are a nutter. When I lost one of my cats I was so distraught i'd fall asleep crying every night for a while. I think moreso as she was killed in the road so I felt guilty too, she was just 9 months.

Anyway everytime I fell asleep thinking about her i'd wake up to feeling a cat rubbing against my body and climbing all over me as I lay in bed as she used to do as a young kitten. the jingle of her bell as she jumped on and over the bed.

I don't know if you have ever experienced sleep paralysis but I do all the time, where you are either just falling asleep or just waking up, and you can hear everything going around you, but you keep drifting in and out of sleep and can't move or wake up. Sometimes very frustrating, but anyway. This is how I felt when I could 'sense' a cat there with me, not fully awake but not fully asleep, and when I did finally wake up my bedroom door would be shut and everything as I left it. Cats all downstairs in their 'bedroom'.

There never was a cat there with me, but I sincerely believe it was my baby Nipper. x

Not told anyone that before so there you go! If you are mad then so am I!
Yes have had that happen to me too random, its like your awake and hear what's going on around you but your unable to wake up to it. Sub-consciously you want to wake to see your dear cat but you cant leave your dream.
Had the same happen to me believe it or not. My cat was like the baby I never had.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 08:42 PM
They all visit us, we just are`nt always aware of it, or sometimes don`t even believe it can happen, but that does`nt put them off and sometimes they have to wait a while until we are `ready` to know - and to accept - that they are watching over us and are just checking in now and then, be it a sound, a scent, a movement, or just the warmth of the heart :smt049

If anyone thinks you a nutter, then sadly they have clearly never known the true heart-bond of a dog and his human, [ or any beloved companion of course ], and might never feel or recognise the special moments you are sensing now.

Don`t try to find explanations hun, just enjoy the moments for what they are, a loved dog checking on his family :smt001
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Yes have had that happen to me too random, its like your awake and hear what's going on around you but your unable to wake up to it. Sub-consciously you want to wake to see your dear cat but you cant leave your dream.
Had the same happen to me believe it or not. My cat was like the baby I never had.
That's exactly it Luz, i'd always wake up with tears streaming down my face. I think she was trying to tell me not to be sad and that she was ok now. I hope so.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >