Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-07-2007, 02:19 PM

Dog hire

Hello all. I don't know if any of you were listening to Radio 2 this morning (theres nothing wrong with Radio 2). There was a news report about a new dog service, I'm sure they referred to it as Flex-pets apparently up to two people can rent the dog for what ever period it might be, and then it is returned to the kennels where it lives for the rest of the time. No it wasn't a joke, as the commentator even said that the poor dog wouldn't know whether it was coming or going. It takes an awful lot to upset me but i find this absolutely disgusting. Ive just had a quick look on the 'net and cant find any reference to it
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 02:22 PM
That's appalling, they are living animals not objects to be put away when no longer required.
Becky
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 02:29 PM
hiya yeh i heard about this ages ago, some people wrote into a mag and said they both work full time & so at a weekend they 'hire' a dog for it.......as they couldnt have one full time!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Don't like the thought of this one bit. If people have the time why don't they volunteer themselves to some of the rescues and help exercise these dogs. I can understand the frustrations of people who would love a dog but don't have the setup or time for one but for anyone to be able to hire a dog is disgusting. There are other ways of enjoying a dogs company. I used to look after and walk friends dogs when I had the urge and got involved with rescue.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Don't like the thought of this one bit. If people have the time why don't they volunteer themselves to some of the rescues and help exercise these dogs. I can understand the frustrations of people who would love a dog but don't have the setup or time for one but for anyone to be able to hire a dog is disgusting. There are other ways of enjoying a dogs company. I used to look after and walk friends dogs when I had the urge and got involved with rescue.
You took the words right out of my mouth

Horrid idea
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Well all i can say Becky, is, there now classified as objects, much as we might dislike it. Some one has obviously found a niche in the market and will exploit it for the sake of money. Oh by the way I'm hiring my two out as from Friday if any of you feel the need? Fifty quid a day, or 90 quid for the weekend. No special rates for the elderly either. lol. Money i must earn more money
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Just what I was thinking John!

Need your kitchen remodelled? Hire a Boxer!
Need a vigorous workout? Hire a Boxer!
Need slobber marks on your sofas and windows? Hire a Boxer!

£45 a day, or £100 Fri-Sat-Sun
Discounts on production of pension book

On a more serious note.... it's horrid really. I know these people would like a dog, but surely if they went to their local resuce centre, I'm sure that they'd be able to take a dog on a walk etc.
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-07-2007, 04:11 PM
I think were talking, yuppies, or what ever there called these days. God forbid going to a rescue. were talking fashion accessory here i guess.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 04:15 PM
I suppose one wants a small dog to put in one's designer handbag when one goes for tea at Harrods, dont'cha know!
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Shelley, I'm not happy with you, you've undercut my prices lol
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >