Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 02:51 AM

Alternative Pain Relief

Does anyone have any experience with alternative methods of pain relief for long term use?

I'm open to any suggestions as to what works, what doesn't.
Supplements, therapies, whatever.

I have an 8 year old dog with arthritis in both front legs due to an injury a year ago. We are doing regular low impact excercise, hydrotherapy, and massage. I use the joint supplement CetylM (Cetyl Myristolate, Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM) and have recently purchased a bioflow magnetic collar.

She has way more good days than bad. I'm just wanting to keep it that way without NSAID's for as long as possible.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Acupuncture, Devils Claw, Magnet Therapy I've tried on both me and the dogs and they ahve worked. You can buy magnet pads, expensive but fabulous so that they aren't too stiff when they get up in the morning (also good for sitting on if you have a bad back!)
Becky
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Rhus Tox and Ruta grav both Homeopathic are good, and also a memory foam dog bed can be an assert in relieving the stiff joints. I have a similar human bed and it has helped me as I have Osteoporosis.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 02:34 AM
Moxie has a magnetic collar, and I have noticed it seems to help. I think there is an vet acupuncturist in the metro area that I can get in to see. Will look into the devils claw. Thanks for the info.