Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 12:47 PM

Wormers!

Just wanted to ask quickly what wormers you all use? I currently use Drontal and was wondering if many use this or if there is something better and if so can i buy online. I am happy with Drontal worked fine so far just wanted to make sure I was using one of the good ones.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2007, 01:32 PM
We use Panacur liquid, we find it's OK.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 01:34 PM
I use Drontal. But I buy it offline as it's cheaper than the vets.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Panacur liquid 10% sheep and cattle,

lol, before anyone has a hissy, If you look at the Panacur 10% cat and dog, then look at the cattle and sheep they have identical ingredients, same amount of Fenbendazole, they are the very same thing.
The only diff is one is licenced for cats and dogs the other sheep and cattle,. oh and the price is dramaticaly diff,

I used to pay £98 a litre for cattle and sheep so the cat and dog one would be prob up to double the cost,
I now get a litre for around £50 is pounds, it last me about a year, I also use it on the horse and cat,
Running round farms has its uses,
btw most vets are happy to supply sheep and cattle for dogs, but they dont mention that there is a far less expensive way, you have to bring it up first,,,,,,,,

I prefer panacur as its less harsh on dogs system than others, but I guess some dogs do better on drontal, some dont, with panacur the Fenbendazole seems kinder on the gut, bowl lining not leaving lesions {sp} where worms have previously been attatched, no blood in stools, no dire rear,
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 04:03 PM
I use Drontal for Max, and Profender for my cat (made by the same company, but it's a spot on treatment like frontline). I've never had any problems so far
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:45 PM
I use Drontal plus for Shady but Milo reacts badly to all wormers except Milbermax so he has that.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I used to use Panacur granules, which were fine, I just wanted to change to a tablet, so I now use Drontal Plus for both my dogs.
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I use Drontal plus, and have for 25yrs no problems, I buy mine online at vetmedics
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 09:13 PM
I used to use panacur for my dogs. But a while back I read on the internet it is not suitable for german shepherds. It was actually written on the bottom of my fact sheet from the breeder that I had my last pup from as well. So now I use drontal plus.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2007, 09:24 PM
I've had Asti on Drontal but the last three times I've given her it she's been sick about a couple of hours after so I'm going to change her over to Panacur next time she's due to be wormed..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >