Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rottlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2007, 05:50 AM

need help / choice of breed

ok well i have thought long and hard about wanting another dog and i have come down to 3 possible breed have read about all them and still cant choice so was wondering if you guys could give me some input.
well my bf said i could get another pup before i move in with him or after, all depends on when i find that perfect friend. well the breeds im stuck on are
Doberman Pincher- my sister has one so i know the temperment and everything(also read about them)
Rottweiler- i own a mix and have met alot of purebreds also did more reading on the breed
Rhodesian Ridgeback- Read alot of info on them, and i understand the free spirit nature
also thought of a lthe lil breed and im not too sure i could deal with a lil breed rite now.
i love all the breeds and would love to get them all but since my bf has 3 GSD rite now i dont think it would be nice to try n add more then i could handle so will only add one pup to the family for now.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

24-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Why not a Utonagan? I have one, called Loki, she is very friendly and likes people and is great with children. You can read up about them online - one site is:

http://www.twatha-utonagan.com/

I never had a dog before - and I am a bit, well, over 21 They do need a lot of attention and they are very intelligent.

Just a thought! Hope you find a breed to suit you

However, not sure where in Canada you could find a breeder but if you did a search online, you may find a local breeder where you live.

Good luck in your quest
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 12:52 PM
It may be better to wait until you have moved in and settled with the existing crowd first, then not only will the puppy be coming into a calm, stable environment but it may become clearer to you what would be the best bet.
Good luck.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
It may be better to wait until you have moved in and settled with the existing crowd first, then not only will the puppy be coming into a calm, stable environment but it may become clearer to you what would be the best bet.
Good luck.
I was going to say just that, but you beat me to it.

Concerning the breed type I would have the Dobe, but then again I've got three of them so I'm bias.
rottlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Why not a Utonagan? I have one, called Loki, she is very friendly and likes people and is great with children.
so would that be like a siberan husky??

ya i was thinking of waiting but i would like to know which breed i can so i can start looking after i move.
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 07:14 PM
I'd have a RR. I love them!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Good luck.
never a truer word said or better advice given i agree with gill xx DK
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Good luck.
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
I was going to say just that, but you beat me to it.
I totally agree. Things are going to be a bit upside down for a short time whilst everyone settles down.

I'm partial to GSDs as I currently own two. I's also suggest a Northern Inuit or Utonagan because of thier temperamant.
rottlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2007, 10:00 PM
ya would have to have one shiped here tho cause we dont haev any in canada or in the usa.. but i will wait until im settles it just hard to choice a breed for me since i love to be out n about with the dogs, i dog sit so i usually at home so i dont have to worry about never being around. more like my bf wont be around since he is in the military.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by rottlover View Post
so would that be like a siberan husky??

ya i was thinking of waiting but i would like to know which breed i can so i can start looking after i move.
NO, Siberian Huskies IMO need a more experienced home. They do need a lot of time, knowledge and patience, the same as my own breed, Alaskan Malamute (much bigger version, if you dont know any different )

A Utonagan is a more recent breed, derived from several dogs (Husky, Malamute, German Shepherd and 2 other breeds) and are bred for the looks of Wolfish origins, with the pet temperament.

Rotties are gorgeous dogs and several I know are outstanding pets. I grew up with Rotts as my uncle used to breed them, so they are special to me

Ridges are gorgeous too, although they have an independant nature and are strong willed, again like my own breed. Beautiful dogs tho
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >