Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

19-06-2007, 09:55 AM

Early Birthday present -Lap Top

Hi all my birthday is coming up soon and on Sunday my Daughter and her partner came up from Carlisle with my Hubby's Fathers day Gift and he got summer leathers for him motor bike. They also had another box with them which I thought was part of the the Fathers day gift, but no my daughter informed me that she and her partner and my hubby had all clubbed together and bought me a joint birthday gift which when I opened it was a Lap top. Its a Packard Bell Easy Note, but as I don't know much about Lap Tops and I am not terribly computer literate thought I would ask on here to see what you thought.

I am absolutely delighted It is Windows XP as they knew I was not wanting to get Vista at the moment and would rather stick with what I know. It will take me a while to get used to it especially using the pad and not a mouse and it will be months before I can cope with putting my pics and other things on but I am sure going to have a lot of fun trying. Meanwhile I will stick with my present one. Will probably have lots of questions and need lots of help guess os be prepared.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Snap my o/h has bought me an early birthday present a new laptop. My old one was struggling a bit. It took me a while to get used to a laptop but wouldn't want anything else now. I have a wireless mouse which I use with my laptop as I prefer using a mouse. You will soon get used to the laptop they are brill.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Thats great, I was a bit nervous of my laptop when I first got it, but now I wouldn't be without it, I can sit in front of the TV with my laptop on my, well, lap, chat on Dogsey and watch TV at the same time, now thats what I call multi-tasking you'll get the hang of putting pics on etc, if I can, absolutly anyone can
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 11:28 AM
You'll get used to it in no time.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 12:32 PM
What a great early present. I'm sure you will get used to it in no time at all. I think i would use a cordless mouse aswell, easier to manage than the the pad
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

19-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks all. I am usining my lap top to reply. Think I might get a cordless mouse.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Thanks all. I am usining my lap top to reply. Think I might get a cordless mouse.
go for the mouse !! i've used laptops, and can't be bothered with the touch pads, you've got more control with a mousey !!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Don't have any problem with the touch pad myself. Got used to it quite quickly.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 03:58 PM
What a lovely gift Eunice, you must be thrilled. My laptop is a Packard Bell and it's great, I'm sure you'll get used to the pad in no time