Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 02:31 PM

Ignorant Moron At Vets

Last night i took my youngest boxer beau to the vets ,
As she has a sore paw , there was a rottie , a ****zu ,a weimy ,and a jrt (all docked breeds) a bloke came in with a really nice dog a doberman with a tail a really nice dog , my beau went of to make pals as she did with the other dogs there she is only 15 months and very friendly , the guy with the dobbie pulled his dog away and said take your docked mut away , to which i replied she has all her jabs and only has a poorly paw he wont catch anything she is only being friendly , to which he replied yes i know he wont but i dont want a mutalated dog near him to which i said can you explain that remark please remember though im not the only person with a docked breed in the room .: and he said yes it might affect my dog , to which i asked in what way do you think because my dog is docked that haven anything to dog with her your dogs tail will some how magically fall off .
The other clients found his remark strange ,he said ppl like you make me sick parading around with your little dogs in a ring .
The guy with the weimy got called in and he carried his 6 mnth old pup in as it had a very swollen spine and straight away he shouts see the state of that you did that , the guy was hurt and very annoyed to which he replied no i did not he got out of my garden today and got hit by a car actually . but why do you say i did this by home banding or docking its tail to which the guy replied no im new tio the area and his breeders vet docked it actually .
S o he then started on the rottie owner about docking his dog to which he replied ive docked tail for 12yrs and ive also breed rotties for 12 yrs both for pet and show and never had a problem with any of my dogs spinal or any other health ways , yeah yeah was the guy reply you b*******s are all the same its all show with you lot , to which the guy replied i dnt show my rotties and im no bsds
I then asked what wrong with your perfect dog then he needs a vet to which he replied he got his tail caught in the door again .
Then it was his turn as beau had been seeen and i was chatting away to one of the other vets and he told me (he is a great friend as well as my vet ) that the poor dogs tail will probably need amputated as its the fifth time this has happened . so when the guy came out all annoyed and embarrased looking i asked oh is your dog going to be ok as i hate to see a poorly dog he replied no he ahs to have his tail amputated . TO which i replied oh how sad for the poor dog you would not have had this probelm had he been docked .
A nd the guy with the jrt said looks like you will be parading around with a mutalated dog after all .
S o maybe its true in what ppl say you never know when things you say come back and bite you on the bum .
Fair enough ppl can have an opion in these matters but he was being down right vicious in his accusations
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 02:44 PM
really sorry you had to endure this DK some people are just so insensitive! So he did not agree with docking - fair enough. But there was no need for him to be so horrible to you and the other owners.

Unfortunately there are so many people ready to throw accusations around when it comes to this we had a client at the vets who's weimy had caught its tail in the door. The only thing we could really do was amputate the tail. When we told her this she refused to have it done because it woud look like "those docked things" and people would say she was a horrible person. I have to say I was so angry about that!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 02:47 PM
thanks , i own and on occasion breed boxers yes i dock but then im not against ppl who dont in my opion its their choice to dock or not dock , to buy a docked dog or non dog dog but i would not dream of being so vicious or accusing towards some one else . xx
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Think if I worked in the vet I would've stopped him in his tracks he would have been told shut up or leave, the man is an idiot by the sound of things.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 03:01 PM
HE got a dressing down by one of the vets who politely told hiim to keep his opion to himself or find another surgery .
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
HE got a dressing down by one of the vets who politely told hiim to keep his opion to himself or find another surgery .
good on your vet I have to say I am very pleased to hear that he was corrected by the staff, it would have been pretty unprofessional of them otherwise to let this continue in their surgery. The lady with the weim at our surgery proceeded to inform us that she was going to another practice. A few months later she returned to us, with her weims tail amputated
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 03:41 PM
If the Dog kept getting its tail shut in the Door it, was because the owners where careless.

I have always had Dogs with Tails and have never once shut them in the Door.

Although I agree with him that Dogs should keep there Tails he sounded like a right T*t .
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Amie View Post
If the Dog kept getting its tail shut in the Door it, was because the owners where careless.

I have always had Dogs with Tails and have never once shut them in the Door.

Although I agree with him that Dogs should keep there Tails he sounded like a right T*t .
same here Amie it is not something that I personally agree with I was merely saying with my post how ignorant some people can be over the docking thing.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
same here Amie it is not something that I personally agree with I was merely saying with my post how ignorant some people can be over the docking thing.

I agree some people force there opinion on others and are so rude. I would never go up to someone and be so rude and if someone spoke to me like that i would tell them to talk to someone that was interested .
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Last night i took my youngest boxer beau to the vets ,
As she has a sore paw , there was a rottie , a ****zu ,a weimy ,and a jrt (all docked breeds) a bloke came in with a really nice dog a doberman with a tail a really nice dog , my beau went of to make pals as she did with the other dogs there she is only 15 months and very friendly , the guy with the dobbie pulled his dog away and said take your docked mut away , to which i replied she has all her jabs and only has a poorly paw he wont catch anything she is only being friendly , to which he replied yes i know he wont but i dont want a mutalated dog near him to which i said can you explain that remark please remember though im not the only person with a docked breed in the room .: and he said yes it might affect my dog , to which i asked in what way do you think because my dog is docked that haven anything to dog with her your dogs tail will some how magically fall off .
The other clients found his remark strange ,he said ppl like you make me sick parading around with your little dogs in a ring .
The guy with the weimy got called in and he carried his 6 mnth old pup in as it had a very swollen spine and straight away he shouts see the state of that you did that , the guy was hurt and very annoyed to which he replied no i did not he got out of my garden today and got hit by a car actually . but why do you say i did this by home banding or docking its tail to which the guy replied no im new tio the area and his breeders vet docked it actually .
S o he then started on the rottie owner about docking his dog to which he replied ive docked tail for 12yrs and ive also breed rotties for 12 yrs both for pet and show and never had a problem with any of my dogs spinal or any other health ways , yeah yeah was the guy reply you b*******s are all the same its all show with you lot , to which the guy replied i dnt show my rotties and im no bsds
I then asked what wrong with your perfect dog then he needs a vet to which he replied he got his tail caught in the door again .
Then it was his turn as beau had been seeen and i was chatting away to one of the other vets and he told me (he is a great friend as well as my vet ) that the poor dogs tail will need amputated as its the fifth time this has happened . so when the guy came out all annoyed and embarrased looking i asked oh is your dog going to be ok as i hate to see a poorly dog he replied no he ahs to have his tail amputated . TO which i replied oh how sad for the poor dog you would not have had this probelm had he been docked .
A nd the guy with the jrt said looks like you will be parading around with a mutalated dog after all .
S o maybe its true in what ppl say you never know when things you say come back and bite you on the bum .
Fair enough ppl can have an opion in these matters but he was being down right vicious in his accusations

It's not often somebody gets his come-uppance so soon but I'm glad he did
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >