Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2007, 10:31 PM

Dogs Dinner For Artist In Royal Row

I have just read the following artical on the Skynews web page.

Sorry but this beggers belief.

A performance artist is to eat a corgi live on radio in protest at the Royal Family and their alleged treatment of animals.

Mark McGowan will tuck into cooked corgi to draw attention to Prince Philip allegedly beating a fox to death with a stick.

He chose a corgi because it is the Queen's favourite breed of dog - she owns a number of the animals.

The dog he will eat died at a breeding farm and will be prepared for him on the Bob and Roberta Smith radio programme, on the London-based arts station 104.4 Resonance FM.

McGowan once spent 12 days pushing a monkey nut through the streets of London with his nose in a protest again student debt.

The 37 year old said: "I know some people will find this offensive and tasteless.

"But I am doing this to raise awareness about the RSPCA's inability to prosecute Prince Philip and his friends shooting a fox earlier this year, letting it struggle for life for five minutes and then beating it to death with a stick."

The RSPCA said in a statement the alleged incident at the Queen's Sandringham estate in January was investigated and it "found no evidence that an offence of causing unnecessary suffering had taken place".

It added: "An independent post-mortem examination was carried out and found that the fox died from gunshot wounds - and no evidence of other injury or trauma was found.

"The only witness who could have supported the version of events reported in some sections of the media refused to give a statement."

Dogs are eaten extensively in Vietnam and parts of North and South Korea.

:: The Bob and Roberta Smith radio programme on 104.4 Resonance FM is broadcast from 9pm today.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 05:42 AM
It's the way he tries to justify it that makes me gag. I hope it doesn't go ahead - this bloke is obviously an extremist and should not be given any publicity imo.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2007, 06:46 AM
For goodness sake there must be better ways of getting your point across.
Even if this unfortunate dog died at a breeding farm he is still no better than Prince phillip IMO.I can see no sense or justification in this.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Colin - This horrified me, I heard a brief bit on Sky news but thankfully they dropped the story PDQ - Clearly it has remained on their web site.

Here is a guy who has learned how to 'manipulate' the media to his advantage. I can see no positive actions resulting from his protest, and albeit inadvertantly, you have assisted him in his publicity.

I have an 'extreme' viewpoint also, namely that the world would be abetter place if there was no 'instant' media at every little protest, event etc. in fact no TV news at all

OK it ain't gonna happen, would be nice 'tho.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Disgusting
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Made me feel sick...yuck !
Amie
Dogsey Veteran