Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 08:12 AM

2nd sunday

Well it was our second day at training yesterday. we go soaked not nice but we knew that would happen before we left
Anyway Katie was billiant (GSD) only a bit of barking she is getting musch better.
but....
Dori was bad not naughty but she would not heel just pulled me trying to get to katie and other dogs she did do the other commands which were good but she was not interested in me one bit i nearly slipped over one point while she was pulling because it was so wet.
Anyway the trainer sad to put her on a head collar which i have got because i brought one for her a few months ago and she didnt like it we were walking on 2 legs with the other 2 in it, or she would lay down and not move. Is there any way to get her use to it or just struggle on and she will come to terms with it?
Love her she is good on the harness walking she doesnt pull but she is in front, at training he likes them by you side and i couldnt hold her when she pulled at training with it on she is a strong madam
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 09:25 AM
They do get used to the headcollars eventually - just persevere and try to distract her from scratching at it. We just carried on as if nothing was happening when ours objected to it and he did get used to it quite quickly. Treats help too. The dogmatic is very good as it doesn't rub or ride up in the eyes so it is comfortable for them.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I use a head collar for Sam and he got used to it quite quickly although he def does not like it! It seems that Dori is going through a rebellious phase at the moment!?:smt001. A dog trainer told me it is a good idea to walk your dogs separately for at least half of the time so that the dogs become more interested in you than the other dog. Maybe if you walked ahead of your husband in the class? Hope you got dried off ok. Here in Edinburgh we got no rain which was a welcome surprise since it had been predicted