Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hollie01
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-05-2007, 08:16 PM

help any one close?

i attend a locla rc club once a week sometimes less. i only got into the idea of showing a few months tia is now over 12 months so we have started a bit late

i have been told by a local lady that judges most of the gun dog breeds that she is a lovley weim, but i wanted to know if there is any one else in my area that would be willing to try and help me give me tips ect on showing.

My RC class is good but there are lots of dogs and when i asked the person who runs it if they could show me how to stack she said she has only ever judged free standing dogs and didnt really know. so i have sort of watched over people at companion dog shows and picked it up from them
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Sorry I am too far away to be of any help but good luck with the showing I wish you every success and hope you enjoy it.
hollie01
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-05-2007, 07:27 PM
lol yer we are just doing companion dog shows at the mo tillw e both get the hang of it, but i still cant believe there is no one close to me willing to help. i dont mind driving
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

06-05-2007, 07:32 PM
See if you can find out from the person running the classes if she knows of any breeders in your area who might be willing to help you, if not then get back to your dogs breeder and ask for advice and help - if your dog is a good specimen then it will be in his/her interest to help you. Good Luck with the showing - but be warned, it is addictive. Kath
hollie01
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-05-2007, 07:35 PM
tia breeder is about 3 hours drive away and she is not intrested in sowing. i have been wanred off showing a bit cus i have been told its far to bitchy, thats why im sticking to my companion dog show for the next few months till we both get confidence.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2007, 07:51 PM
surely there is someone who attends your ring craft class that does show an HPR/stacked breed? I should think they would be only too happy to show you and share any tips etc.
enjoy your showing
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Don't be put off by the fact some people can be like that. Just ignore the crabby ones, there are lots of nice people who show look at all the Dogsey members who do it!!!

It would be a shame to miss out on all those nice days out you could be having. Do what I do, go enjoy yourself and ignore any rudeness, you get this in all walks of life unfortunately!

Is there no breed club nearby? Perhaps it would be a good idea to go to a local Open show near you and meet up with people in your chosen breed, once you get chatting there is bound to be someone who can give you tips
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Have you become a member of your local breed club?

They sometimes organise seminars, and could provide details of local shows.

I would also go to the local library, find/request as many books as possible on the breed and showing.

You could also mayby look on websites like ********* ect or Kennel Club and see if there are any breeders local to you that might be a mentor.

Good Luck
D xxx