Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2007, 07:45 PM

I've calmed down now

Well I have calmed down sufficently to post this so here goes people.

Monday I was on a course for work and when it finished earlier that expected I made my way home but due to a bump on the motorway I pulled into a park and ate a sarnie I'd brought from subway.
While I was there in the carpark sunroof open I was half wathing the dog walkers bike riders etc and then an estate car pulled up and I took no notice but two large and I mean large GSD's and a Lab (I think) appeared they immediately set about a Border Collie who was pottering around before the owner of said BC could do anything the scuffle/fight was over and they proceded to attack as a group a Staffie a youngster on a lead his lady owner could do nothing but watch - she tried shouting but nothing stopped them a bike rider a chap jumped off his bike and used that as a barrier to get the dogs off the young Staff was petrified, as was his owner I think.

No owner of the loose dogs was in sight. The BC owner a youngish chap had put his dog in the car and was assisting the lady with the Staff as was the chap with the bike when the dogs came back but backed off barking as the two men shouted and waved the bike lead at them.

I got out my car to offer sancutary to the lady and Staff, when all hell broke loose to my right - one of the GSD's had hold of a lovely black lab, the other two dogs were no where to be seen the couple with the Lab had a toddler with them I assume from their age (60's/70's) a grandchild the woman started to move away with the toddler in her arms leaving his little trike thing the chap was trying to defend his dog but the poor Lab was petrified then the other two appeared back on the scence the poor Lab was trying to crawl into the owners arms and the chap tripped with the lead round his feet. I ushed the woman and Staff to my car and the two chaps with bike ran over to assist the bloke. Then all of a sudden the three dogs loosed the Lab and ran off the estate boot opened and they jumped in and a woman driving sped off. Luckily a lady in the children play area had the good sense to take a picture of the car and numberplate and the dogs getting back in on her car phone.

The Staff has three bad bites, one to front shoulderl; one to side of neck almost ear and one to his ear. His owner the lady was in tears when I left still shaking and crying.

The Border Collie had a nasty bite to his ear he was covered in blood but his coat I think saved him. His owner also had a bite to his hand from which scuffle don't know.

The Lab was petrified beyond belief and was an older dog you could see the grey on her muzzle, she has a bite to her shoulder/neck and one to her cheek by her eye she was lucky. The chap who was in his 70's I'd say had cut his knee and a tear in his trousers where he'd fell over and I think he'd hurt his arm/shoulder more than he was saying. His wife like the lady with the Staff was hysterical as was the toddler.

The police were called I left my name and address with the police and the people involved - Thankfuly the lady in the play area had taken the number and pictures. So proof.

My car is covered in the Staffs blood.

Some people make my blood boil but for the bike rider and the BC owner being youngish men I dread to think what would have happened....

Some people do not deserve dogs, they really don't. While waiting for the police I realised the whole incident had taken 15 minutes or less.

Karen (calmed down now - slightly)
bethheartchris
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh my goodness How awful, those poor dogs and the people! Imagine if they got the toddler. What a terrible owner to let such a thing occur let alone to sit back and do nothing. I hope she gets arrested!! Or something thats disgusting. Well done on your part and help!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2007, 07:56 PM
OMG - I am so shocked Karen, I just don't know what to say. Hugs hon - I'm a bit speechless......
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh my goodness, how insane and how awful for you, have read this twice and cannot belive it, you must have felt you were witnessing a film or womething not real, those poor poor folk, well hope police catch them and put them all away!!!!chin up
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Oh my god that is dreadful, those poor dogs they were so lucky not to be badly hurt.
What is wrong with these people
I am guessing the women with these dogs had let them out for a run and gone to the loo or shop and not bothered about what her dogs were up to, what the hell was she thinking
Good job you were there to help and like you said the 2 blokes were quite young.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Well done to you for helping the staff family. Hope you are feeling a bit better. i bet you are really shaken up. I can`t imagine what i would have done if it was Fudge being attacked.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I second Fudgeley - Well done for helping out.
That must have been an awful thing to witness, it makes my blood boil to think that these people are allowed to own 1 dog let alone 3!!!

I sincerely hope that none of the dogs involved end up being dog aggressive because of this ( also that it doesn't scare the toddler away from dogs)

Well done also to the 2 blokes who helped out also, it's always good to know that good samaritans are there!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2007, 08:28 PM
I imagine I will be told of the outcome of ind something out I left my details with the police and the owners, and the plus or minus point depends how you look at it - the Staffie ate my sarnie while in sanctuary
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-05-2007, 08:41 PM
i am like Vicki I am so shocked by this terrible thing that I just don't know how to respond. How awful for all involved and for yourself. Thanks goodness that lady got the Estate Car pic on her mobile.
Comforting cuddles to you it must have been very frightening.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2007, 08:44 PM
I am not sure these dogs intended to do anything nasty I actually think they were over exhuberant, non socialized they could have killed the three together as a pack but it was almost a game to them I think.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >