Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 03:50 PM

Archie at the Vet

I took Archie to the vets today to get his vaccines.
Some here may remember my thread wondering if I could get him a booster or if I'd have to start over from scratch since the previous owner didn't give me her vets details.

Well I explained it all tot he vet and they were happy to do the booster. He also got a kennel cough vaccine whilst there.

Well, he is such a contrast to Willow when visiting the vet!
She just loves going in to see everyone and be's all waggy tailed.

Archie came in whimpering and crying cos of all the other scary doggies around him.

Then he went in to see the evil vet. Well, he growled like mad whilst she listened to his heart. She went to get the vaccine and a muzzle. While she was gone he shook so much, he wouldn't even take some tasty treats from me.

When she came back in he started really growling again! I put the muzzel on and she gave the injection. Well, he kept right on growling as if to say "See, I was right about that one, she is evil!"

Then to add insult to injury she squirted the kennel cough vaccine up his nose. He couldn't wait to get the muzzel off and get out of there.

I then had to take a ill visiting guide dog in to get checked out. My Dad kept Arch outside whilst I was there. All I could here was him squealing and crying outside. You would have thought the vet was gonna euthanise his pal and I, he was going mad.

Certainly a change from bringing Willow who insists on getting to say hello to all the staff and doesn't want to leave.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Poor wee Archie.

Would the vets object if you took him with you when you take Willow, even if he doesn't need anything doing? It might make him more comfortable seeing how happy Willow is & the fact that he's going in but nothing is happening to him.

Funny though isn't it, when Willow is the one that has had major stuff done to her at the vets & presumably Archie has had nothing worse than his jabs (or is that just the "men are big babies", do you think )
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Poor wee Archie.
(or is that just the "men are big babies", do you think )
i think this hits the nail on the head....... my girlies love the
vets saying hello and sniffing everyone......Diggi curls up under my chair and cries for the whole visit!!!

Poor Archie.......... bet that nasty vet used the biggest needle she could find to jab you with......
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Lol, he looked at me afterwards as if to say,
"See, I was right not to trust that nasty lady!!"

He has come along with Willow to the vets in the past. It totally confuses her. She's all excited seeing her pals there and he's squealing his head off.... She ended up having a widdle on the floor.

So I've decided to keep their visits seperate incase I end up with two nerotics instead of one.

Willow lived there for a month before I got her, so gets well spoiled when we visit. She's a real star there, they were all asking how she is getting on when I was there today.
Maybe Archie was jealous of her limelight.

Bless him; he is what I call a "typical man". When they both got sick one time Willow was throwing up and just getting on with life, he was dying for days.

But he was brave today and is now snuggled up inbetween two gorgeous girls; Willow and our visiting GD. It's a charmed life he leads.