Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 09:21 AM

Slept through Gun Shots last night!

Had some 'excitement' here overnight apparently. OH went to take Cassie out at 8 this morning and the road right outside our front door is cordoned off by the police. Apparently someone was firing a gun off during the night. Bullet casings all over the road We heard it but thought it was just fireworks Don't know anymore than this at the moment! Can live without this kind of thing especially right on your doorstep. Wouldn't care but our neighbourhood is reasonably quiet considering how close we are to the town centre. Is there nowhere in the U.K to avoid this kind off s**t anymore. It's a very sad state of affairs. Think we'll move to the highlands and live like shepherds
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Oh dear!!!

I used to live above a shop and one morning i went in and they had been burgled. They asked me if i had heard the alarm and i had slept right through!!!! police were called by people living 2 streets away as the alarm was that loud!!!

ooops!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Move to Somerset!
Becky
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
Oh dear!!!

I used to live above a shop and one morning i went in and they had been burgled. They asked me if i had heard the alarm and i had slept right through!!!! police were called by people living 2 streets away as the alarm was that loud!!!

ooops!
Well if I hadn't been full of the chest infection all week, we probably wouldn't have heard a thing. It's only causing I'm quite restless that we heard anything at all.

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Move to Somerset!
Becky
Would probably have to live in a tent!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 09:54 AM
That's how I started out here lol! (in a tent that is)
Becky
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 10:03 AM
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Where I live is lovely and quiet lol
You want to be careful what you say about living like a shepherd. Have you seen what sheep get up to nowadays????

wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Where I live is lovely and quiet lol
You want to be careful what you say about living like a shepherd. Have you seen what sheep get up to nowadays????

Lol, thanks for that
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Oh Jackie - such drama! It's like that here too - it seems every week a youngster gets murdered - it's a terrible world we live in.....
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Move here then Jackie where its rural and you get used to gunshot! Cause its so flat and noise travels-im forever hearing bird scarers and shotguns,but it dont bother me cause i shoot myself!

Gun crime round here though is pretty rare and last incident i remember was 10 years ago when someone (who i know!) had a disagreement with a club bouncer and started shooting with a semi-automatic pistol.He didnt get shot by the way-he closed the big heavy doors which stopped the bullets,but shooter got sent down for many many years.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >