Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 04:39 PM

Hives

Does anyone suffer from this?

I have two small raised, bumpy, intensely itchy areas - one on the shoulder and one on a leg and both look like pictures I've seen on the Internet of hives.

Any idea how to deal with it? I've tried antihistamines, anti-itch creams, topical steroids to no avail.

Can stress contribute?
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 04:53 PM
my son suffers with hives its where the blood gets to hot and the body cant cool down quick enougth there fore bringing out the bumps and itchiness we have to strip his clothes of to cool down and then we put drapolene on him cos its cold it stops the itching and reduces the bumps
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 10:32 PM
hi ls
stress can be a contributing factor - and antihistamines etc wont solve if it i stress related..

hope u feel better soon.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks - it's nowhere near as bad as your son BML. Poor lad.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 11:18 PM
oh boy do i suffer,the hives are only part of it,my joints swell up and i ache and yes mine is stress related,and i suffer worse if wev puppies due,i had to take at one piont 8 piriton tablets and 2 zertek i was wondering how i managed to stay awake sometimes but thats what the hospital recommended ,pork and leek sausages seem to flare it up also i only have to touch them not eat them and boy,its all out hives xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
oh boy do i suffer,the hives are only part of it,my joints swell up and i ache and yes mine is stress related,and i suffer worse if wev puppies due,i had to take at one piont 8 piriton tablets and 2 zertek i was wondering how i managed to stay awake sometimes but thats what the hospital recommended ,pork and leek sausages seem to flare it up also i only have to touch them not eat them and boy,its all out hives xx
Oh my - that sounds horrific; I can imagine how awful it must feel. Hugs to you! I have only taken one Zirtek but it hasn't had any effect. I know I should probably see the doc to get a proper diagnosis but from what I read it should only last a few weeks and I hate seeing the doctor. Also it seems there is not much they can do anyway?
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 09:58 AM
hugs to both luckystar and zoeybeau from dolly k i get nasty hives from eating oranges but nothing like you have both described you have my sympathy and loving hugs and vibes to both of u
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 10:19 AM
So it can be food related? Please tell me alcohol doesn't cause it.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 10:45 AM
The only thing I can suggest Linda, is stop any alcohol and see if it improves the hives. If it's food related, it's gonna be a case of trial and error.

The last time I had hives, I had to go to the doctor. He prescribed me some anti-histamines and some topical cream which seemed to do the trick. I stil don't know to this day what caused the reaction (possibly marrow)
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Try Eurax lotion to calm them down. It`s a bit like calamine but works far better, and dries clear. It`s very soothing as it goes on cold...good luck.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >