Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 11:03 AM

House Move Etc Update

Received a call from our buyer yesterday and she was in floods of tears, apparently her buyer has just pulled out of the sale.. we were hoping to exchange contract around Easter time!

Fortunately we had not really boxed too much up as have experience of this before. Our friends wanted to buy here too but have been unable to find a buyer for theirs, and only yesterday took their's off the market.

So I called my friend and told her, she said they would come around last night for a chat, but, in the meantime we had a call from our agents to say they had people wanting to view ours last night at 5.30pm - and they had already sold.

So I called our friends to let them know, and asked them if they could come around a little later to be told "don't bother" ( which to be honest I am still upset over )

Anyway, the phone went this morning and it was the agent saying they loved the house and wish to proceed.... we are delighted obvoiusly, as we are still on for the property we wish to buy.

But this morning I have had a fairly miffed text from my friend and a call form the original buyer who is totally devastated.

So I am now sitting here with totally mixed emotions, why oh why do i worry about everyone else before us???
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Awwww Tracy dont be upset you have to think of you and Nigel you cant wait for your friends to sell there house or you could lose the house you want i know its hard but try not to worry if she is a good friend she will understand theres nothing you can do so i wish you all the very best and hope things go well for you fingers crossed for you
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Thank you Mrs Wellie, but got myself all wound up again : (
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 12:00 PM
You have to put yourselves first. I know its hard sometimes but you just have to think that everyone else puts themselves first too and it makes it a bit easier.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 12:16 PM
So sorry to hear this Tracy, you head must be spinning! I agree with Fudgeley, you must think of No. 1, and I'm sure your friend will understand. It must be such a disappointment for her though, she must be gutted. Difficult situation isn't it?!

I tried phoning but got your answerphone. If you want to chat I'm in, got the scaffolders here all day!

Try not to let it drain you too much, it will sort itself out somehow, things usually do. Take care then.xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Well some friends they are for heavens sake, they should realize what is at stake and you weren't asking much of them to call around later. Am very glad you have sold again so quickly, as for your friends they need a reality check!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-04-2007, 09:42 AM
So glad you have found another buyer so quick and in such a good position so you can still stay on track for the property you want.As for your Friend I am sure she will come around she is probably upset if she wants to move and can't but you have to do what is right for you and your Family and if that means selling to someone who has already sold you have to do it,you cannot lose your house you have dreamed of for anyone else.know what you mean about worrying about everyone else but sometimes we have to stand back and think would they let something go for us the answer is probably no,so if she is a true Friend she will come around and wish you luck.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2007, 10:08 AM
What a time of it you have had! Poor Tracy. Nevertheless, business is business, and as you are still on for the property you wish to purchase, then you are in the business of selling your property as quickly as possible. You did give your friend the option to come round and view again and you informed her promptly of developments, so as far as I can tell you have been very fair. In Scotland we have different property laws, so it is easier all round. Give your friend time, she obviously wanted your house very much and is disappointed. And next time, put yourself first! x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Lovely comments from you lot - so very supportive, and I really appreciate that. We have not seen or spoken but I have had a text inviting us out on BH Monday... so sounds like all has calmed down now -