Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 06:52 PM

Fuming!!!

I have just had a stroll to the off license,i fancied some sweets so took Meg and Liz with me.They love Meg in there and always give her a gravy bone!

Anyway while on our way there was and elderly couple late 60's early 70's,we got the looks,and a nasty remark,
"fancy letting a young girl like that have full control over one of those Pitbull things"
I said Pardon,for your information,she is not a Pitbull thing,she is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and only a puppy at that.She is infact very well bred.I said With all due respect,you don't know the first thing about me,my children or my dogs,yet you feel informed enough about the breed to pass a remark like that!
I walked off fuming!
It has taken me to walk all the way home to calm down.
Ok Rant Over.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-03-2007, 06:55 PM
I am not surprised you reacted. Did you get your sweets though
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2007, 07:00 PM
You know what, this is the exact sort of thing I get round here! To be honest it is mostly oldies too!
Id have probably said, 'urrrggh fancy letting those coffin dodgers roam the streets unattended!' But then I am mean !

Dont let them bother you, I know its hard, but you know you have a fab doggy and thats all that matters
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2007, 07:17 PM
hugs to you,

(Off topic here sorry) I felt awful today, we met a really friendly Rotty on our walk this morning, but since Gracie has been in whelp she’s very temperamental about other dogs going near her tummy, warning growls, so of course as soon as I saw the other dog I put her on her lead. The Rotty owner said his dog was friendly and I explained I wasn’t worried about his dog but about how Gracie would react but she decided that she did in fact like the dog so I let her off for a quick play
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm not surprised Sal, I get it all the time with Maddy and she's a weimy, i'm not sure why, maybe her colour. Uneducated people that's all, don't let people like that get to you. :smt002
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Sal,i hope you have calmed down now.Its funny round here it isn't the oldies that have a pop,it seems to be the middle aged ones that tend to have a problem with Staffords.The couple you bumped into are just ignorant and have obviously never had the pleasure of a sloppy Stafford kiss,so best just forget it and count yourself lucky that you know exactly what the love of a Stafford feels like.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 07:42 PM
That was an excellent reply Sal, I hope you were calm and collected though. I would like to believe it gave them something to think about, their age does not excuse their bad manners. Why do people think they can make personal comments and get away with it? Good for you.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I am not surprised you reacted. Did you get your sweets though
I couldn't help myself,yep got my sweets and a couple of can's of lager

Originally Posted by Adele4dan View Post
Id have probably said, 'urrrggh fancy letting those coffin dodgers roam the streets unattended!' But then I am mean !

Dont let them bother you, I know its hard, but you know you have a fab doggy and thats all that matters
That made me laugh, i can never think of anything witty
Originally Posted by gracelund View Post
hugs to you,

(Off topic here sorry) I felt awful today, we met a really friendly Rotty on our walk this morning, but since Gracie has been in whelp she’s very temperamental about other dogs going near her tummy, warning growls, so of course as soon as I saw the other dog I put her on her lead. The Rotty owner said his dog was friendly and I explained I wasn’t worried about his dog but about how Gracie would react but she decided that she did in fact like the dog so I let her off for a quick play
Thanks for the hugs,glad Gracie enjoyed her play.

Originally Posted by random View Post
I'm not surprised Sal, I get it all the time with Maddy and she's a weimy, i'm not sure why, maybe her colour. Uneducated people that's all, don't let people like that get to you. :smt002
I try not to,but it's so irritating!

Originally Posted by Stamford View Post
Sal,i hope you have calmed down now.Its funny round here it isn't the oldies that have a pop,it seems to be the middle aged ones that tend to have a problem with Staffords.The couple you bumped into are just ignorant and have obviously never had the pleasure of a sloppy Stafford kiss,so best just forget it and count yourself lucky that you know exactly what the love of a Stafford feels like.
Thanks Steve,
Your right,very ignorant don't know what there missing all those Staffie kisses.

Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
That was an excellent reply Sal, I hope you were calm and collected though. I would like to believe it gave them something to think about, their age does not excuse their bad manners. Why do people think they can make personal comments and get away with it? Good for you.
Thanks,
I hope so,lets hope there not so quick to judge next time!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
People used to cross the street to avoid my weimi too, but then he did have the lovely habit of "smiling" at everyone. Big teeth dont go down well with over protective parents.
Anyway well done you for speaking out, alot of people wouldnt have....
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-03-2007, 09:24 PM
very good reply......well done!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >