Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 03:33 PM

Unrestrained dog!

As we were finishing our walk today (we were on the pavement and Max was on lead) a dog ran out from a garden and squared up to Max!

The front garden of this house had no fences/hedges etc and the dog was hiding/playing under a little bush near the front door.

It was lovely looking little SBT, in a leather harness, which wasn't attached to anything.

I grabbed it's collar in my free hand and took it up to the front door.

A very harrassed lady answered the door with a toothbrush in her hand and a half dressed child behind her.

I politely explained that their dog had escaped and had been squaring up with my dog. Imagine my surprise when she said:
"Oh, he's not escaped, I put him outside to go to the toilet, and bring him in before we do the school run"
"I won't let him 'go' in the back garden, cos the kids play out, so he goes out the front"

God, did I hold my tongue!!

The house is on the beginning of a cul-de-sac, metres away from a main road with a 50 mph limit...

The dog had no tags on his collar, and although he was friendly to me, he didn't seem too impressed with Max.

What's the world coming to??
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 03:40 PM
If you walk that way again. I would put him on a lead, take him home, call the dog warden and let the woman pay the £75 fine to get him back. Maybe she'd think about it next time.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 03:41 PM
poor little mite,anything could happen to him.
knowing me if i saw him again id take him to the local r.s.p.c.a and report him as a stray
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
If you walk that way again. I would put him on a lead, take him home, call the dog warden and let the woman pay the £75 fine to get him back. Maybe she'd think about it next time.
people like that probably wouldnt bother claiming him
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
I'd do the same!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 03:51 PM
when i was a child manymoons ago,thats what happened all the time,i thought times had changed and people thought about and care for there dogs,most of us do.
i agree i would let the dog warden take him then if she never bothered her a... to claim him,id hope he goes to some one who cares
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 04:20 PM
people like that probably wouldnt bother claiming him

To be honest good.
Any person that lets their dog out of the front door near a road obviously doesn't care for that dog let alone the public liability issue if it caused a car to crash
At least in rescue it would go to a caring home hopefully.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I never thought of taking him home and calling the dog warden!!

If I see him again, I flippin' will!

Poor little thing Mind you, he looked happy enough jumping out at unsuspecting dog walkers...

P.S. The house in question backs onto the beach where we live... acres of (supervised) running space, and she lets him in the front garden!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 04:38 PM
OMG the very thought of my dog being anywhere near traffic without a lead gives me palpitations.
How could anyone do that??
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
OMG the very thought of my dog being anywhere near traffic without a lead gives me palpitations.
How could anyone do that??
I know! Max has no road sense ON a lead, he's on a very short rein on a pavement, as he will run into the road after a leaf!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >