Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 11:31 PM

renting with dogs...

does anyone know of any websites i can check out where they accept pets?!

i have the two main ones letsmatch & letdirect.
newspapers & estate agents always say no!!

ive even advertised! there must be people out there willing to rent to people who have pets etc! i can not believe we will have to wait until we buy, which will be in about 15/20 years time with these prices!!!

anyone know of anywhere?!

Thanks!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Its just a case of keep looking I'm afraid, it's nothing to do with the agent of a property, it's always at the discretion of the Landlord maybe it's worth asking to speak to the Landlords of the properties you are interested in, see what they are prepared to accept.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 11:55 PM
hiya thanks, we have offered double deposit, a year & a half refs from current landlord which is through a agency. to replace any damage and work refs etc (well partners work refs)

all say no! have been looking for a year and a half!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Yes ask them to check with the landlord, although I can't speak for the UK I do know people who have always rented and have lots of pets, usually the more rural areas are more accepting (even in Ireland where most dogs are kept outside) farmers tend to be more accommodating.
Good luck!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Theres a couple on here whom allow pets, it takes a while to go through the lists though.

http://www.rentquick.co.uk
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Remember this thread, some of the info on it may help:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=48834

http://www.dogsey.com/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=11
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 12:10 AM
hiya thanks ill read through them now!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 12:11 AM
I can fully understand the problems you are having as I have been looking for about a year and can get nowhere that will allow me two dogs.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 12:22 AM
hiya ! im in essex too! most of the places we look have big gardens & things i know thats not a main reason for saying yes!
but someone Must say yes!!!

my sister has a 3 bed house & her & her partner are thinking of buying someone where bigger as she just had a baby, and renting her house out to us, and at the end (say 5 years time) she will half any profit with us, obiovusly better than normal renting! but she doenst know whether she will even move yet!

thats the only way we can see us really doing it! buying is at least 15 years away from us yet!!
harry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2007, 09:19 AM
My current landlord accepts extra deposits for pets (£100 for dogs, £50 for cats, £25 for small pets), unfortunately I don't consider this place big enough for a dog and there's no garden to speak of just a small deck/yard. We're in somerset so no help to you, but just to say they are out there keep looking
I'm starting to look to move house now, bringing small caged pets with us, and there are quite a lot that say nothing about pets, or 'pets negotiable', just on normal sites like rightmove.
I feel for you though, this is one of the reasons we're looking to buy a.s.a.p!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >