Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-03-2007, 02:16 PM

Jake's Diary... Forest Fun..

Couldn't wait to get going this morning, was such a nice day, but we let Dad lie in for a little while before we jumped all over him and made him get up.
We knew it was gonna be a good walk when we saw Dad put on his big boots and gators, he always wears those when we're going deep into the forest.

As we headed off down the path, we met Dads friend from work. Not the usual guy we see but another guy who had two collies. We played for a while as Dad chatted then carried on down the path.

Charlie chased his ball for a while but then got bored and decided it was more fun to chase me and try to take my stick.

Don't be fooled by the picture though, he only had it for a few mins before I sorted him out. To be honest though, I wasn't really all that bothered. I've got a new interest... tree's... I've learned that if I cock my leg at the bottom of every tree stump I pass, it leaves a lovely scent... Dunno what Dad was laughing for, it's what us men dogs do...

Our walk was quite long today, and quite hot, so we spent quite a lot of time looking for streams to jump in...

A little further on we met a couple of Yellow Labs.. they looked just like me only a little bigger... ok they were a lot bigger geeez.
We played for a while and they were trying to get our treats off Dad, so we went and mooched some of their treats from their Mum, nice they were too...

Was quite tiring by now so we were glad to stop at the bridge for a rest, even if it did mean posing for pictures in the heather and on the bridge..

Wasn't far to go now though so we pushed on along the paths and through the forest. Dad was really pleased with us today, said we'd been really good. He was specially pleased when we got to a split in the track and waited to see which way we should go....

As we walked back it suddenly started to rain, Dad said it was proper Scottish, sideways rain. It didn't last long though, about 10 mins then the sun came out. To be honest it was nice and cool after our long walk. We're back home now and about to go for an afternoon nap. Really enjoyed our walk today though, hope you enjoyed reading about it...

One more thing.... did I mention the mud.... I love mud... Dad reckons I'm trying to become a black Lab just like Charlie... hmmmph as if....
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Looks like you and charlie both had fun, but you do look like you are trying to be a black lab.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Jake - little bit more mud and you will be just like Charlie!

Lovely lovely piccies - what a fab walk!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey Jake...it looks like you and Charlie had a great time in the woods, lovely pictures of the two you!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Go Jake!!!

That's lovely, Ian!
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Great story
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Another brilliant day out for your dogs. I just wish all those owners who think a five minute trip round the block is a great treat for their dog could read your blogs.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Brilliant pics and story.