Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 12:53 PM

Ronnie came to stay

It happens some times when you breed, that a puppy has to come back to you. thankfully when this has happened to me (4 times in total) it's never been through the fault of the dog. with Ronnie though unfortunatley it is his (well....?) fault. he is an early riser about 5am each morning and his family aren't early risers........ he is now 13 months old and every morning since they have had him he has woken the whole house up at 5am. we have tried countless things to change this from changing the time the heating comes on to checking for the nieghbours alarm clock......... the strange thing is he's stayed at ours before on holiday and such and he never does it with us????????? anyhow his family have the unfortune of having a very poorly child and this early start each day with inturpted nights for the child has worn the family down and we decided he would come back to to me to retrain (if ness) and then find forever home.
i left this morning with his mummuy (Suki-Su) we caught the seacat across to Pompy and meet him with his Daddy at the train station. i haven't seen him for a few months and i'm pleased to say he has grown in to a cracking little fellow. he travelled back well and was a good as gold for me during the crossing. once home we had a mad hour while they all met him and he had a good sniff about the place. he has found a comfy bed and is at present alseep at my feet Diggory thinks he's a girlie and rather likes him........ a little too much if you know what i mean....... trust me to get a bi-stud dog!!!
we are off down the beach this afternoon once the tide changes so he should sleep well tonight. i think i may have him in the bedroom with us in case he worrys. i'll post some pic's of him later so you can all see what a little beauty he is.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Sounds like he is happy to be home. Looking forward to pics.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 01:41 PM
He doesn't want to get too settled in here. i can't keep him.....(unfort) i have a new home lined up for him just gonna keep him for a few weeks, to see whats what.......
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 05:37 PM
He sounds a lovely little chap , and fancy having a bi-stud dog

will look forward to the beach pictures!
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
He sounds a lovely little chap , and fancy having a bi-stud dog

will look forward to the beach pictures!
Ummmmmmmmmmm.... i took the camera but it didn't have a card in it!!!!!! D'uh!!!!!! silly me.
we are off to the Duver tomorrow so will try and get some then. he's been so good it's like he's always been here, apart from the perv" who keeps bothering him!!!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by cocker mum View Post
Ummmmmmmmmmm.... i took the camera but it didn't have a card in it!!!!!! D'uh!!!!!! silly me.
we are off to the Duver tomorrow so will try and get some then. he's been so good it's like he's always been here, apart from the perv" who keeps bothering him!!!
yes silly you

And as for you Diggory....you're a durty dawg!!!! and i don't mean in the mud sense of the word either
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh what a shame he couldn't have stayed at home, but glad to hear he is with you. Hope he learns to have a lie-in soon!
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 08:49 AM
we had a good night. i thought it best to let him sleep in the bedroom with us that way i would hear him if if got restless. OH got called out about 2am and Ronnie just looked up from his basket. he found himself a nice spot under the bed at one point and i thought i'd lost him i woke him up!!!!!! at 7.05 this morning.
here he is last night curled up on the sofa he was wedged behind me until i moved to get the camera.
oh and the dirty dawg" has started to leave him alone at last
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 08:56 AM
How fortunate that his family had the sense to return him to you. I wish all owners would do this

Look forward to seeing some pics - he sounds such a treasure
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
How fortunate that his family had the sense to return him to you. I wish all owners would do this

Look forward to seeing some pics - he sounds such a treasure
i try and keep in touch with as many of my owners as poss and always get them to signa contract that say's i get the dog back if anything happens and they can't keep it. but sometimes you lose touch and never know if they still have the dog or have passed it on. thankfully this family have become very good friend and they still have one of our babes. so we'll see them and hopefully if Ronnie goes where i'm planning for him to go. his old family will see him in the sumer when they come to stay. his "possible new mummy" met him yesterday and is totally in love..... so fingers crossed.......
we are off to the beach again today i've made sure the camera is ready this time. so i'll get some more shots.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >