Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-02-2007, 12:19 AM

Decided to get the 'lump' checked after all

Skye.....

....has developed a lump (half an egg sized) on his rump just to the right of the base of his tail. My dogs are forever getting lumps and bumps which turn out to be thorns, grass seeds, tick left overs etc but this one's just been bothering me.

Anyway, i've been away over the last wee while and i've had an interview today. I'm at the doctors (fun life I lead) tomorrow afternoon - so i've decided to go and get it checked after that.

It doesn't really bother him but I feel I should get it checked. He had a 'bobble' on his nose when he was young that was tested/removed that turned out to be nothing so i'm hoping it's nothing serious.

I'll keep you posted.

Phil
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-02-2007, 04:30 AM
He looks lovely. Always best to get lumps checked by the vet. All being well it is nothing serious. Do let us know how he gets on
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Skye is totally gorgeous Phil, just adore his markings:smt007 :smt007

Fingers & paws crossed that all goes well at the vets today, please keep us updated.

xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Hoping all is well with the big boy.....ring me.

Rach
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 03:59 PM
may i say what a fantastically marked dog firstly and secondly sending good vibes to u and skye that all goes really well
ps nice name thats wat my boxer is cald
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Fingers crossed that its nothing serious
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Right

That's me about to go to the vet. Time to get embarrassed again while he bounces around the waiting room like a mad girraffe.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Its best to get it checked, cos if its nothing it puts your mind at rest. Let us know what happens.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Good luck. Got the same thing here with one of mine. Vet checked it out and doesn't think it's anything serious, but I still don't like it, so I'm sort of in limbo with it at the moment. He wants to take it out, she's 11 years old, know what I mean? I would never forgive myself if something happened to her under the aneasthetic, so I'm very tempted to let sleeping dogs lie with her lump. You'll have to decide when you've spoken to your vet, so good luck.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Skye's got a bald bum now.

The vet cut the hair away and then shaved him. She's had a good look at it and measured it. She's given us some antibiotics which he's to take and we go back in a week.

Depending on what she thinks when we go back - she may lance it and see what (if anything) comes out then do a wee biopsy if need be.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >