Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2007, 11:47 AM

My poor, poor Mum, had a bad fall!!!

Well, I said things go in 3's yesterday and they sure did!!

Mum wasn't too good yesterday, said she felt dizzy, but insisted on going in the kitchen for her tea like she always does. Left her sitting down at the table and went off into the lounge to give Dave his. Next minute, almighty crash, she had got up for something, turned quickly, went to lean on the back of the heavy chair, chair fell over backwards with her still on it, dog's water bowl tipped up, so she ended up in a big pool of water on the floor! The poor poor thing, she was trembling like mad, so I just put her head in my lap on the floor and made her stay there for a minute whilst she recovered from the shock. Long story, off to hospital in an ambulance. That was 9.00pm. 3 hours later, still hadn't seen a doctor, so I came home and told them to ring me, or I'd be back in an hour. Went back, the x-ray was fine, she hadn't broken her hip like they thought. There's no flesh on her, she only weighs 7 stone!!! Very lucky.

Put her into bed, it's pouring with rain, blowing a gale and we had to carry her from the car to her bed!!!

this morning, she's very, very shaky and white, so phoned the quack. Had to go and get more anti-biotics than the hospital gave me coz she has a bladder infection they discovered, plus a chest infection, which we were having the doc for today anyways coz she's been coughing a lot yesterday. I'm waiting for her now, she said about 12 o'clock she'd be here. I don't want them to cart her off to hospital, and she's quite happy in bed. Luckily I've still got the commode from the broken ankle and the zimmer, so we should be ok.

On top of that, managed to give the doglets a quick 5 mins. whilst picking up the new prescription earlier, and Georgie is limping!!!

I know we all have our cross to bear in life, but mine's getting a bit heavy now!!!! I'll surivive!!!

She's quite relaxed now, and I'm cooking her some fish in parsley sauce and mashed potatoe coz she feels sick, with all those tabets she's had to take on an empty stomach, although I did give her a yoghurt this morning before she took any. Hey ho!!!

This 3rd happening was water related too wasn't it, so that saying is definitely right, I can vouch for that!!!

Thanks for listening!!! I'm booking a place at the Psychiactric ward down there soon when this is all over!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Sorry to hear that Helen,
Sending hugs for a speedy recovery to your Mum,poor lady xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks Sal, I'm glad she's stopped all that shaking, it really worried me, I'm sure it was delayed shock!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Your poor mum, what a shock she's had. The trauma of the shock is bad enough without all the things they have discovered as well. Hope she recovers soon, stays warm & comfortable. Give her our love Helen. xxxx
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Oh your poor mum and poor you!!!

Sending her lots of healing thoughts and lots of hugs for you too!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks Luz Just rang the quack to give them directions coz it's difficult to find our place, and luckily she's having a lovely doctor she had before when she had a funny turn at home, so that's perked her up!!!

Thanks Nicky, I need those hugs!!! Mind you've I've got two big furbabies here to cuddle up to haven't I!! Thanks.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Oh you poor things - you must be frazzled.

Healing thoughts coming your way to your dear Mum. Hope she is feeling better soon. x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks for your kind words RRMum, yes I am a tad frazzled to say the least with no sleep last night, well not much! Poor Dave hasn't been sleeping too well anyway, and last night just about finished him off! I will have to give him a big cuddle tonight I think, especially as it's Valentine's day!
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Why is it when we have a stressful day it's allways really really stressful. Hope today get's better for you and your mum.
Shirley
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2007, 12:20 PM
You're right there shirley!!! It never rains but it pours doesn't it!! Lots and lots!!!! I'm going to have a sleep this afternoon when that doc's been, I'm shattered now! Thanks for the support
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »